Author Topic: 2022 Reading Thread  (Read 407 times)

Melchior

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
2022 Reading Thread
« on: November 11, 2021, 11:54:19 PM »
This year is almost over!

What did we all read?

What are we reading next year?

I have been running through Eddings again, I read them every few years, specifically The Elenium and The Tamuli series. Diamond Throne was my first fantasy novel and it never gets old for me  ;D

I also started reading some comics and graphic novels, I found quite by accident, the Orc Stain series (of which I have the first one, they are prohibitively expensive  :( ). however Stokoe has released shorter comics, recently Orphan and the Five Beasts. The only shortcoming is the length and they really leave you wanting more!

Next year I will embark on the Dune series and maybe The Deverry Saga by Katharine Kerr, which I haven't read for years but is very good.

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 26
    • View Profile
Re: 2022 Reading Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2021, 10:18:27 AM »
I read a lot and a lot of code.

I also read a lot about D2R to get back up to speed.

Does that count?

Melchior

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2021, 04:34:59 PM »
I read a lot and a lot of code.

I also read a lot about D2R to get back up to speed.

Does that count?

I want to say yes, but I am going to say no *SBNVL*

Flan

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2021, 12:57:55 PM »
This year is almost over!

What did we all read?

What are we reading next year?

I have been running through Eddings again, I read them every few years, specifically The Elenium and The Tamuli series. Diamond Throne was my first fantasy novel and it never gets old for me  ;D

I also started reading some comics and graphic novels, I found quite by accident, the Orc Stain series (of which I have the first one, they are prohibitively expensive  :( ). however Stokoe has released shorter comics, recently Orphan and the Five Beasts. The only shortcoming is the length and they really leave you wanting more!

Next year I will embark on the Dune series and maybe The Deverry Saga by Katharine Kerr, which I haven't read for years but is very good.

I read the Elenium and Tamuli again as well, it had been several years.

Read the latest 2 Dresden File books, with 4 more expected to round out the series.

Read the Broken Earth Trilogy, and highly recommend it.  Took a couple of chapters to get used to her writing style, but thought it was an excellent series (and they're making a TV series from it.

The Goblin Emperor was quite good, and I found it very compelling although many of the names were way too difficult.

Currently on Royal Assassin, the second book of the Farseer Trilogy.  Obviously I liked the first, or I would not have continued.