Author Topic: D2R Launch Party!  (Read 14142 times)

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 16
    • View Profile
Re: D2R Launch Party!
« Reply #240 on: December 13, 2021, 09:34:38 PM »
not as tedious as a wolfbarb built before respecs were a thing, not putting any points into combat skills!  Its a long time before you can use that helmet

Flan

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 14, 2021, 05:41:57 AM »
Curious why you wouldn't want an Enigma.

It really doesn't do much for my current goals, since I would prefer to use the Jah in Dream and the Ber in Infinity.  While it is on my list of long term goals, it is not a priority to my current plans.

ETA:  Forgot to add, I found a gold shako running the Council last night.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 06:27:46 AM by Flan »

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 14, 2021, 11:33:18 AM »
I have lost count of all the shakos I have seen without one being gold.

I take it you want to do a Tesladin.  I think you might have mentioned that before. lol.

Infinity and dual dreams would be off the hook.

My smiter is closing in on Baal.  Doing the saving Anya quest now.

Flan

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 14, 2021, 05:24:17 PM »
I have lost count of all the shakos I have seen without one being gold.

I take it you want to do a Tesladin.  I think you might have mentioned that before. lol.

Infinity and dual dreams would be off the hook.

My smiter is closing in on Baal.  Doing the saving Anya quest now.

Finding the Jah randomly has made the dual Dream actually achievable with a bit of Travincal luck.  If I can bag a Ber, I will definitely cube another to make Infinity and that would make my Javazon significantly better.

Had the Council drop me Trang's Scales and the next run got a Flamebellow and Trang's Claws.  No rune luck though.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 15, 2021, 10:39:17 AM »

Pretty happy with this play through.  WSK was brutal.  Other than that it was pretty smooth sailing for the most part.  Lawbringer is an excellent weapon for doing the campaign as a Zealot.  I really want to get that Lo as Lawbringer is less good as a Smite weapon.  Still I highly recommend lawbringer for melee leveling.

Sorc - Blizz Mat
Zon - Java Mat
Pally - Hammerdin Pat
Pally - Smiter Pat
Druid - Windy (Almost there -- Online)

Barb - I would like to have a Council Runner
Sin - I think I might make a rift sin for fun
Necro - not sure if I will

Drozz

• Cookies: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 15, 2021, 08:14:00 PM »
For barb and the council, I would recommend whirlwind or frenzy. Zero uses ww. I use frenzy. But I think our run times are pretty similar.
Don't give up on necro. I'm entering Hell A5 tonight. The summonmancer has been the easiest to run so far, albeit very boring. But, I'm pretty sure he hasn't died yet either, so I may try summonmancer for my first HC character. (I've said it, so now he'll die on his way to Baal)

Flan

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 16, 2021, 03:57:38 PM »
Grats Sssith.  I use Lawbringer on my Frenzier running council and LK, and I like it.  Rarely gets the killing blow, so can hork most monsters.

Council did drop me an Um last night, and Countess dropped an Um and Mal after I needed a break from Travincal. 

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 20, 2021, 10:18:58 AM »
I have been running LK with my Sorc.  Awesome map.

The special chest have been giving me squat.  But this popped from a random dead body:

Mind blown.  Now I have to decide what to do with it.  Right now I consider myself halfway to an Infinity.

Since then I have been popping more pop-ables -- but that does slow my running down.  Not positive it is the right choice.  But the supper chest have not been good for much yet.  A couple of Guls is about it from them.  I have to be somewhere near 700 runs of LK at this point.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2021, 06:01:07 PM by Sssith »

Flan

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 20, 2021, 03:59:52 PM »
I have been running LK with my Sorc.  Awesome map.

The special chest have not been giving me squat.  But this popped from a random dead body:

Mind blown.  Now I have to decide what to do with it.  Right now I consider myself halfway to an Infinity.

Since then I have been popping more pop-ables -- but that does slow my running down.  Not positive it is the right choice.  But the supper chest have not been good for much yet.  A couple of Guls is about it from them.  I have to be somewhere near 700 runs of LK at this point.

Nice find!  I'm jealous, have hit a wall with rune finds though quite a few grailers and TC3s along the way.  Had a Mal and Pul on back to back from Countess, then nothing good for a while now.

As for poppables, I only do ones in my immediate path.  I have gotten a Vex from one, but probably not worth your time to do more than that.

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 21, 2021, 07:25:01 AM »
Awesome rune score Geoff!  Ber is one of the best to find.  Happy for you.

Flan

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 21, 2021, 10:33:11 AM »
Still doing Council runs and poppable chest dropped a Vex for me, so I'll take it.

ETA:  Also found a Lightsabre running Countess, which is pretty cool. 
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 11:59:06 AM by Flan »

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 24, 2021, 12:17:46 PM »
I am glad I am not truly tracking how many hours I have done running LK.  The answer is A LOT.  I have been watching Downton Abbey and I am over half way through.  And I watch a full season of another show.  That should give you an approximate idea of the hours involved.  On the positive side I am only one Sur away from Infinity.  On the negative side I still have not scored a Lo or Ohm rune.

I am probably not the most efficient runner of LK.

Grogs

• Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 27, 2021, 02:16:28 AM »
On the negative side I still have not scored a Lo or Ohm rune.

I am probably not the most efficient runner of LK.

So interestingly, Lo is the rarest rune in LK, way less patterns than Sur.  I found 2 or 3 Ohms during lk running and 0 of them were from the superchests, all random clickables

Flan

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 29, 2021, 11:26:46 AM »
I am not efficient running anything, so I just run for fun.  Seems to work ok for me and I'm not trying to figure out how to eke out a few more seconds.  I cubed up to get Ohm and Lo, considering I have specific runewords in mind I'm good with that.

I haven't played much, went to Florida to visit my son and his GF for Christmas.  Played for about an hour one night doing Countess runs and got a Fal, Mal and Um from her along with a Gul from a random.  Pretty worthwhile hour.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 30, 2021, 09:17:10 AM »
After hours of running LK I have this to show for it:

Pretty happy with it.