Author Topic: D2R Launch Party!  (Read 14141 times)

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 26
    • View Profile
Re: D2R Launch Party!
« Reply #225 on: November 30, 2021, 10:47:29 AM »
Are you trying to cube up to a Ber?  I assume you are going for Infinity.  That would seem to be a difficult ask from running Countess.

I have been running AT.  It has yielded some nice drops but I am still missing my first gold TC87.  I have scored two IK Cages which is nice, and a couple other high items like M'avina's armor.

I keep hoping for a Ber, Jah, Sur to pop from some monster orifice.  So far my highest rune in AT is a FAL.  Meh...on the rune front.

Flan

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 30, 2021, 06:16:17 PM »
Are you trying to cube up to a Ber?  I assume you are going for Infinity.  That would seem to be a difficult ask from running Countess.

I have multiple runewords I'm working towards, but that is on the list.  Couple things about this, is that I'm not on a timeline and it's not just the Countess.  I know what my long term ideas are, so I figure I will get there eventually so I do the runs that are fast for me - Countess and LK.  Here's a great example of how it works out slowly but surely.  Did a Countess run yesterday and she was kind enough to drop 2 Puls on the same drop.  Tonight, I've been running LK and got an Um (from a corpse) and a Mal (from a chest within 5 runs.  These going along with previous finds/cubes, I made a Vex in no time.  Since I need no more Vex runes for my projects, the next time I find/cube one I've now got an Ohm.  Not necessarily the fastest, but LK will eventually drop me something higher as well, so just a matter of sticking with it.  Also, once I get enough for one of the multiple projects I'm planning, I will kick off that character and eventually find some more in the wild as well.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 01, 2021, 12:15:43 PM »
Sounds good.

I continue to run AT with my Sorc.  My map is really good.  A boss pack one TP from WP.  Two more TPs to AT.  In AT I generally have 6 boss packs.  Four shrines.

This morning I had four elite drops within one hour.  Nat's Mark, Eaglehorn, Head Hunters, and finally Dracul's.  Pretty sweet.

Now that I have Dracul's I am going to spin up a new Pally/Smitter.  Tonight Sssmitten With Destruction will be born.  Sssmitten for short.  ;D

Flan

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 03, 2021, 07:41:13 AM »
Concentrating on LK lately, with little to show for it.  Finally, another Vex rune pops from a chest and then an Um on the same run.  It is things like this happening after so many fruitless runs that keep me playing.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 03, 2021, 01:00:39 PM »
Concentrating on LK lately, with little to show for it.  Finally, another Vex rune pops from a chest and then an Um on the same run.  It is things like this happening after so many fruitless runs that keep me playing.

I find LK tough to do repeatedly.  The pay off can be huge but there are loooooooooooong gaps between anything happening.  Ancient Tunnels at least gives me something every couple of runs.  It might feel different once I get to just TC87 and other odds and ends.

Flan

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 03, 2021, 02:29:50 PM »

I find LK tough to do repeatedly.  The pay off can be huge but there are loooooooooooong gaps between anything happening.  Ancient Tunnels at least gives me something every couple of runs.  It might feel different once I get to just TC87 and other odds and ends.

It can definitely be grueling, but I've found that with everything.  It's also why I switch up and do Countess runs, because there is typically a pay off even if not huge.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 06, 2021, 11:18:49 AM »
Leveling my Smiter.  In NM Hell right now.  I love the quick cast stuff.  Such a welcome change.

Running cows to get some bases to make stuff for my Smiter.  I would love to see some runes drop while doing this.  My rune luck in cows has been awful.

Flan

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 08, 2021, 01:14:31 PM »
Rune finds have certainly gone south, but have found a bunch of other things even with very little MF - couple of Gheed's (including 1 with perfect MF), IK Maul, Aldur's Boots, bunch of skillers and various other uniques.  Also bagged a Blinkbat from a rack and Infernal Cap.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 09, 2021, 03:58:53 PM »
My Smiter is leveling up before Hell.  NM is done.  I have made Duress and Lawbringer for him to use.  Lawbringer is a pretty great zeal weapon. 

Also doing some NM Meph runs with my Sorc to get some mid tier stuff that I don't have.  Hoping to get things like HoZ, War Travelers, Gore Riders and a couple of others.  Scored a Razor Tail for my Zon and a cold skiller for my sorc.  As well as an UM from Meph.

I am debating on socketing the UM in a G-Face for my Smiter.  He is pretty low on Resists right now.

Flan

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 10, 2021, 06:05:10 AM »
I swear, the game listens to complaints.  Last night running LK, got a Sur from a chest and about 10 runs later had another chest pop a Gul.  I did figure out the SS, but they're on my home laptop.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 10, 2021, 10:34:25 AM »
Damn that is pretty good.  Vex is still my highest.  I really need to get back and do LK runs.  I need to find four Sur runes, finding the first would be nice.

Flan

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 10, 2021, 04:21:57 PM »
Damn that is pretty good.  Vex is still my highest.  I really need to get back and do LK runs.  I need to find four Sur runes, finding the first would be nice.

Just need to live through the pain of many fruitless runs.  The tough thing for me will be to keep focused on what runewords I want to make and not do something like cube them to make Enigma lol.

Flan

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 12, 2021, 11:30:11 AM »
Added Travincal runs before I do LK, as I saw you can get all but Zod there. Highest rune drop has been a Fal, but have gotten a Reaper's, Ethereal Edge, Shadow Killer, Cerebus' Bite, and a Tal's Mask.  Also got another Ist from LK, so I'll take that.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 13, 2021, 10:52:51 AM »
Curious why you wouldn't want an Enigma.

My Smiter/Zealot just killed Hell Meph.  Pretty bad map in Durance, but the Pally is pretty tanky and just slowly gets the job done.  His resists are middling and I am thinking of making Sanctuary.  Need to figure out what the best base is for it.  I am guessing Sacred Rondache.  Or maybe it is any shield that starts with at least 40% resists?

Lawbringer is a pretty good zealing weapon, but I really would love to make a grief for him.  The decrepify overwrites life tap which will be less than great against Ubers.

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 13, 2021, 03:17:54 PM »
Started a barb and I am in Act 5 Normal.  Barbs are tedious to play early on until whirlwind is available at lvl 30.  I've got about 5 levels to go, ugh.