Author Topic: D2R Launch Party!  (Read 3223 times)

Flan

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
Re: D2R Launch Party!
« Reply #165 on: October 24, 2021, 11:30:28 AM »
ThrowLikeAGirl is level 50 and running Nihlathak hoping for Titan's.  Getting a few unique and set items, so it's not all for naught so far.

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 24, 2021, 07:26:12 PM »
Gul is the best you can get from the hellforge, so congrats!  My zealot is in Act 4 nightmare now.  He's still wearing Sigons set and using a fleshrender club.  So far, so good.  I might be able to finish nightmare with this gear, but will need some better gear soon.

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 25, 2021, 08:26:21 AM »
WooT.

Matriarch Sssleet is now a thing.  My second character to make it to the end.

Now that I she has finished the game I am debating respec'ing her to be full Blizzard.  Right now she is Fireball/Blizzard.  Which was nice for a lot of reasons.  But for her to properly specialize and max out damage I think I will switch to the full Blizzard set up.  If you think that is a bad idea let me know.

In order to do so I need to run Diablo to get his essence.  I have so far killed him about 5 five and no luck so far.

I also now I have a Andy Visage.  Should I add a socket to that to counter the -30 to Fire and then give it to my merc?  I have been very judicious about using my Larzuk quests so between my two characters I have five left.

Next character is probably going to be a Smiter or a Druid Windy.  One day I want to be able to farm the Ubers so I am guessing that Smiter is next. 

Soon I will have a stable of characters capable of farming everything.

EVERYTHING!!!! lol

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 25, 2021, 08:55:41 AM »
Go full blizz and stick to areas where there aren't many cold immunes.  Ancient tunnels can drop everything in the game and there are hardly ever any cold immunes there.  Chaos Sanctuary could work too.  Oblivion knights are cold immune, but everything else isn't.

Don't waste a socket on the Andy Visage until you get an eth one.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 26, 2021, 11:36:12 PM »
Took a bit but I squeezed out some Diablo essence and I have gone full blizzard.

I am now doing Meph on players 5.  I can do 8 but it is too big a slow down.

Flan

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 27, 2021, 05:56:39 AM »
Grats Sssith.

I took my Javazon into NM after much failure farming Titan's, and zipped through Act 1 in about 30 minutes.  Doing it at P7, and she is just ripping through everything at this point.  Still have almost 20 skill points and 75 stat points to use, but not sure what I want to do for endgame.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 27, 2021, 08:01:48 AM »
Nice progress guys!

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 27, 2021, 11:56:38 AM »
Because Lit Fury is so strong you have a variety of ways you can go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhe-gQZkPhE

This is an interesting take on the build.  It stacks damage reduction and goes for max block (or almost max).

Dust

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 27, 2021, 08:35:16 PM »
I like the idea behind that video, but his approach to providing a guide to a godly build is a bit underdone.

His item choices (and his charms) are all over the place. (Do chance guards make him more invincible? Is the build designed to be tanky, do damage or MF?)

Thundergods is a good choice, but why choose it over String of ears? Why start the video saying he's not going to use razortail, and then provide it as the first alternative?

Flan

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 28, 2021, 06:07:40 AM »
Because Lit Fury is so strong you have a variety of ways you can go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhe-gQZkPhE

This is an interesting take on the build.  It stacks damage reduction and goes for max block (or almost max).

I'll have to watch closer later, but I'm starting fresh so don't really have gear if it's dependent on it.  I decided to go FA as my backup skill, so we'll see how that goes.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 28, 2021, 10:36:23 AM »
It does need some good gear, but not crazy gear.  The nice thing about LF is that it is pretty strong on its own.  The main negative are all the LIs in Hell.

At the least the video is worth a watch just to see some ideas.

Flan

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 28, 2021, 12:36:53 PM »
It does need some good gear, but not crazy gear.  The nice thing about LF is that it is pretty strong on its own.  The main negative are all the LIs in Hell.

At the least the video is worth a watch just to see some ideas.

I started, but did not have time to finish.  Always interested in new builds, and I chose CA to deal with the LIs.  Thanks for the info, I'll see how it ends up and if I can farm meph for most of the gear.  I made it to LK yesterday so not much further.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 29, 2021, 10:28:44 AM »
You have Cold Arrow on switch?  Probably a good idea.  I did Hell as a pure Javazon and it was not nice at times.

I have been tooling around with my two characters.  My zon generally does Shenk/Eld --> Pindle --> Cows.  My Sorc alternates between running meph and doing a LK --> Ancient Tunnel runs.

I am enjoying the Ancient Tunnels.  I see all sorts of amazing gear on the floor in there.  Not of it gold or green.  I always get more annoyed in there when a gold Double Ax drops and lying right next to it is a white Lich Wand or something.  Switch colors dammit.

The game continues to torment me with Shakos that are white, blue, and yellow.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 10:33:01 AM by Sssith »

Flan

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 29, 2021, 10:53:53 AM »
You have Cold Arrow on switch?  Probably a good idea.  I did Hell as a pure Javazon and it was not nice at times.

I have been tooling around with my two characters.  My zon generally does Shenk/Eld --> Pindle --> Cows.  My Sorc alternates between running meph and doing a LK --> Ancient Tunnel runs.

I am enjoying the Ancient Tunnels.  I see all sorts of amazing gear on the floor in there.  Not of it gold or green.  I always get more annoyed in there when a gold Double Ax drops and lying right next to it is a white Lich Wand or something.  Switch colors dammit.

The game continues to torment me with Shakos that are white, blue, and yellow.

I was doing Cold Arrow, but decided that for NM I would be ok just going pure lightning so I did a respec.  I'll switch back to CA once I get to Hell, but I need to get some levels and do meph runs for better gear.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 29, 2021, 03:32:28 PM »
NM was an absolute cake wake for my Zon.  She just annihilated everything.  The hell was all, 'Slow your roll.'  I imagine if I ever get to make infinity it will/would be absolutely obscene.  The times she is in an area without LIs it is rather joyful.