Author Topic: D2R Launch Party!  (Read 3225 times)

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 25
    • View Profile
Re: D2R Launch Party!
« Reply #120 on: October 13, 2021, 04:46:13 PM »
Wow, nice going Grogs!  You have made some real progress since launch.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 13, 2021, 09:10:46 PM »
When running Mephisto I always pop that chest behind him.  It paid off tonight.  I just got a Gul rune from it!

Supermatt

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 13, 2021, 10:09:44 PM »
Nice mn4nu! On Players 1? I don't usually, but maybe I should more often.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 13, 2021, 10:45:43 PM »
Yes, players 1.

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 13, 2021, 11:23:02 PM »

WooT.

Not an easy journey at time in Hell. NM was a breeze. Normal was slow just getting up to speed.

Merc still dies despite lavishing equipment on him, but at least not that much.  Moon Lords suck.  Glooms suck.

Did about 10 Cow runs.  Two white Monarchs to show for it.  Not much else. I have been mixing it some side trips when doing this. 

I will probably alternate between Cows and doing some progress with the Sorc.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2021, 06:01:39 AM »
Congrats Geoff!  Getting that first character through the end of the game is hard when you are starting from scratch.

I was able to finish off Baal last night too.  It wasn't pretty and the merc died a lot on the way to him.  I shopped for a wand with lower resist charges to use on weapon switch for the Ancients and Baal.  That helped a bunch.  I think for now I will continue to farm Meph for better gear, then hit lvl 85 areas and Pindle.  My next character will either be a Paladin (smiter/zealot for Ubers) or a Necromancer (skellymancer).

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2021, 11:13:31 AM »
Congrats on your Pat!  It's a hammerdin right?

Right now I am farming Cows and doing the odd Pindle run.

I will probably switch back to my Sorc shortly and do cows runs from time to time.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 14, 2021, 12:55:44 PM »
Congrats on your Pat!  It's a hammerdin right?
Nope, it was a sorceress.  Meteor-Orb for now.  I will respec her to something different eventually, but I have to find the right gear for a pure cold or a pure lightning build.

Supermatt

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 14, 2021, 06:16:52 PM »
Yes, players 1.

Awesome. I got a Gul off the Hellforge with my Sorc last night!

I shopped for a wand with lower resist charges to use on weapon switch for the Ancients and Baal.  That helped a bunch.  I think for now I will continue to farm Meph for better gear, then hit lvl 85 areas and Pindle.  My next character will either be a Paladin (smiter/zealot for Ubers) or a Necromancer (skellymancer).

The Lower Resist Wand is awesome for Meph runs too - my Sorc has one and it really speeds things up. It can even take off some immunities.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 14, 2021, 07:00:20 PM »
With a lot of patience I worked through the spider forest. I could kill the tree things and mosquitos. Needed merc for fetish but could use death sentry when some fell. Picked up 3 wps.
Spider forest, flayer jungle and lk!!! I saw the entrance to the great marsh and will do in there as I like to get all waypoints. Flayer jungle just melted! I couldn

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 15, 2021, 11:41:14 AM »
You crazy.  I see no point in hitting the Marsh WP if you don't have to.

Last night MP game was fun, and a nice change of pace.  I wrapped up the night by running countess and I made Steath, Leaf, and Malice (for the Merc).  Ready for the next session.

On the SP side of things I continue to run my Zon, mostly in cows.  I keep meaning to back to the sorc, but I keep thinking, 'One more run...this time I will get lucky.'

Other than good bases my luck has been pretty lousy in Cows.

On the positive side of things I am at the 30% mark for SP grail.  Once I get my sorc to hell I imagine getting to 50% will not be too tough.  I am pleasantly surprised by how quickly it is going. 

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 15, 2021, 12:45:14 PM »
I've been running Meph with the hopes of getting better gear.  He dropped me a Duriels Shell, Reapers Toll, and Crown of Thieves, so my merc isn't as big of a wimp as he has been.  Just hit lvl 87.  Most wanted items:  Harlequin Crest, 4 socket monarch, Andariels Visage.

Flan

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 15, 2021, 04:58:01 PM »
Started a Blizz Sorc, but just getting my feet wet with her for now.  Frenzier has made it to LK in NM and found a Spectral Shard and Vidala's Ambush, one from a rack and one from a corpse. 

I avoid the Marsh if I can, and so far have been fortunate.  I hate the jungle more than any other part of the game.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 16, 2021, 12:27:58 PM »
NM Baal is down.  Bliz Sorc is now in hell.  Not a bad run.  I finished Act IV and V and along the way I picked up a Mal and Um.

Mal, I think, is the best rune I have ever found.  To then follow it up with an Um was nice.

My gear is kinda meh.  I do have a Skin and Spirit sword.  I need to make another Spirit Shield.  I could use upgrades in Belt and Gloves.  Right now I am rocking Angelic in both slots.  Boots are a rare that are tolerable.

edit: That said my resist are so much better than my Zon who has finished Hell.

Just realized that I am only two Bers away from Infinity.

Or one Lo away from Grief.  I even have the weapons to socket them in.

lol.
 :o
« Last Edit: October 16, 2021, 02:52:39 PM by Sssith »

Flan

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 16, 2021, 03:41:20 PM »
Is LK worth running in NM?  I have a great map for it, but an awful one for Meph since I need to circumnavigate the globe to get to him.