Author Topic: D2R Launch Party!  (Read 3585 times)

dave in the basement

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 6
    • View Profile
Re: D2R Launch Party!
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2021, 12:55:45 PM »
Man, you guys are cruising. Nice work!

I finally rolled into Lower Kurast, which is where I really start enjoying the game. (Until the exploding dolls arrive, of course!) Some new loot would be nice, especially in the form of a nice necro weapon and offhand.

No idea what merc I should use, so I grabbed a blessed aim merc from A2 to help my skeletons hit stuff.

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2021, 03:48:44 PM »
I've read that the best normal Act II merc is Blessed Aim.  In NM you get to choose to keep the Blessed Aim or switch to the standard HF/Might.

dave in the basement

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2021, 03:55:50 PM »
I've read that the best normal Act II merc is Blessed Aim.  In NM you get to choose to keep the Blessed Aim or switch to the standard HF/Might.

Thanks! The skellies take forever to kill anything, so methinks Might will be the way to go in NM.

Grogs

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2021, 04:26:39 PM »
Things are smoother after making insight and spirit in a broad sword.  Had to respec out of pure blizz as just too many cold immune for my poor Merc to handle, thunder storm will do until I finish Hell and will respect back.

Duriel is up next, then I'll stop in LK for a bit and try to rack a Monarch for spirit.  Then Meph my old pal until gear is better

dave in the basement

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2021, 05:05:52 PM »
Safe to assume you are in Hell, Grogs, given all the immunes?

Grogs

• Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2021, 05:46:46 PM »
Yeah mate, lvl 73 I think, spent some time running NM Baal, nothing exciting dropped.

Supermatt

• Cookies: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2021, 06:08:20 PM »
Wow, nice progress Grogs! First fresh-start to reach Hell?

Orbert

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 153
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2021, 06:36:51 PM »
Offline Sorceress killed Mephisto.  Still trying to get my head back into this game.  What helps a lot is that it feels very much the same to me, which I'm sure is the whole point.  The mechanics, the music, and the fact that the original game engine is running underneath has me forgetting that this is in fact D2R.  My fingers still do the D3 things sometimes.

I like looking at the scenery.  I admire the work the artists have put in, and I find myself stopping to look at stuff I "never noticed before" because it probably wasn't there before.

Ran into a bug in the Viper Temple.  She got stuck and couldn't move, could only spin in circles as I changed her intended direction.  Had to Town Portal out.

Also the bug where sometimes poison never wears off (either that or somehow it gets set to last for a long effing time) is still there.

Anyway, I'm having fun.

So is "Offline" = SP for purposes of discussion?  If not, then I'm not clear on the difference.

Drozz

• Cookies: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2021, 08:16:57 PM »
Question about the Imbue quest.  What is the best use of that?

Circlet that drops in Hell. Save your imbue quests.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2021, 12:20:48 AM »
Offline = single player

dave in the basement

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2021, 07:43:18 AM »
My necro killed off Diablo, after he killed off my skeleton crew several times. Like at least five times. Yikes. On to Act 5 and those giant maps!

Dust

• Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2021, 08:09:33 AM »

Question about the Imbue quest.  What is the best use of that?

[edit: This was unclear] Basically, Diadems. If you have a high level character you can pass them down to low level characters too.

Class specific gear at high levels if you're looking for a specific one. (94 is the ceiling, but you won't always need to be that high)

It's been a long time since I delved into it, but from memory there's value in imbuing good eth weapons, as self repair mods aren't unlikely.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 08:13:45 AM by Dust »

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2021, 10:31:03 AM »
Thanks for the feedback on the imbue.

Making good progress with my Javazon, in NM and I am heading to the Viper's hangout.  I'm going to crash the party.  I should probably kill KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA this time, when I get there.

Insight is such a game changer for my build.  I kill so much quicker not running out of mana as quickly.  Putting it in a Bill instead of a normal polearm also means my Merc is going better damage as well. I have switched to Holy Freeze at this point.  The other game changer is Rhyme with the Cannot be Frozen.  If I ever get Ravenfrost I will probably switch to something more tanky.

I am on the hunt for an armor to make Peace in, and I might make Lore.  I have a Normal Bone helm I could put it in.  I would prefer something exceptional though.

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2021, 10:47:58 AM »
I'm up to the Frigid Highlands in Act 2 NM, lvl 57.  Things are slowing down just a little bit, but not too bad.  I am looking for a polearm to make Insight in and for a sword to make Spirit in.  Those should help.  I did find the unique TC3 club yesterday.  That's really the only interesting find so far.  With a limited amount of space, I am just getting rid of set/unique items I will not use.  Most of my stash will be for runes, gems, and items with sockets for making runewords.

Orbert

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 153
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2021, 11:21:51 AM »
Offline = single player

Groovy.  I kinda thought so, but wasn't sure.