Author Topic: D2R Launch Party!  (Read 10303 times)

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 25
    • View Profile
Re: D2R Launch Party!
« Reply #270 on: January 12, 2022, 09:23:11 PM »
You're on a roll Flan!

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 14, 2022, 10:41:33 AM »
I have been leveling another Sorc, this times to be a lightning sorc.  She has now completed Act I Hell.  I am currently running the pit on P1.  With infinity on the merc it is going pretty well.  I will save and exit if I run into an archer pack that has crazy mods.  Other than that she can handle the Pit pretty well.  There are some monsters that even if I break the immunity they are tough to take down.  I really need to find that golden diadem.  The other thing I really want are a couple of lightning skillers.  Overall I have been pretty lucky with skillers but I have none for my lightning sorc.  I am sure I will have some touch patches on my road to finish Hell, but it is nice that she can kill most monsters.

I plan on leveling her up for a while in the Pit.  Right now is level 73, and if I don't get bored, I aiming to get to 85 before moving on.

Flan

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 23, 2022, 04:38:32 PM »
You're on a roll Flan!

Thanks, found a few more Guls as well.  RL has intruded so haven't had a chance to play much or post.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 25, 2022, 09:46:50 AM »
I've Mat'd my sorc.  She is now my official Key farmer.

With my first set of keys I had my Smiter try and get a torch.

FAIL.

lol

Getting to Tristram was not too bad.  Surviving Meph was an impossibility.  Holy crap did he wreck me so quickly.

Lesson learnt. I have respec'd my Pally to get my lightning resist even higher.  Without T-Gods it is now 84%.  I will wear T'Gods, start with Salvation as my aura.  I might it make a simple Treachery to proc Fade.  Oh...next time I will also wear Ravenfrost.  I forgot to equip that and killing Duriel and Izual was slower than it should have been.

syn

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 13
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 25, 2022, 06:51:26 PM »
I've Mat'd my sorc.  She is now my official Key farmer.

With my first set of keys I had my Smiter try and get a torch.

FAIL.

lol

Getting to Tristram was not too bad.  Surviving Meph was an impossibility.  Holy crap did he wreck me so quickly.

Lesson learnt. I have respec'd my Pally to get my lightning resist even higher.  Without T-Gods it is now 84%.  I will wear T'Gods, start with Salvation as my aura.  I might it make a simple Treachery to proc Fade.  Oh...next time I will also wear Ravenfrost.  I forgot to equip that and killing Duriel and Izual was slower than it should have been.

tgods plus maxing ltng res will make a world of difference. i think mine's 90, plus the absorb from tgods. the life bulb still bounces around if you don't have life tap up. triggering fade and switching armors is annoying, but it can help a lot. nice hidden DR there as well. i think i wore treachery the first time, but didn't use it last time. i don't think ravenfrost will help with duriel- it doesn't work against HF aura, does it?

i had a much harder time with lilith than meph this last time. got her down to a point and then couldn't make a dent in her HP. got to an angle where she didn't insta-kill my merc and once he triggered decrepify it went really fast. i was nervous i'd be toast without life tap up, but it worked out. probably won't work next time...

edit: i've also started a sorc with the goal of being a key farmer. not sure if i'll ever get her there. my pally is decent at it but it takes a while. i also get distracted and kill most things on the way. considering that's how i happened upon my Lo rune, i probably won't change that.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 06:55:45 PM by syn »

Flan

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 29, 2022, 12:38:23 PM »
Still haven't found the Ber/Sur to finish Infinity, but did find a Nos' and another Harley.  Got some decent runes as well, but would love that last piece.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 29, 2022, 08:39:05 PM »
For my last Ber I had to cube some many good runes to make it.  Overall worth it.  But I am running LK again to get a Lo.

Edit: I did my manage to get my first Torch.  A lousy Druid one but hey.  A torch.

Flan

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 30, 2022, 10:51:37 AM »
For my last Ber I had to cube some many good runes to make it.  Overall worth it.  But I am running LK again to get a Lo.

Edit: I did my manage to get my first Torch.  A lousy Druid one but hey.  A torch.

I can cube a Ber now, I have enough Surs.  However, for the builds I want a Sur is more valuable than a Ber at this point so I do not want to cube them until I would still have enough Surs.  The HS/HF Paladin that you linked to is one that has been on my list since the start, long before the 2.4 announcement.  There are also a couple of other builds I want to do with HF, and 2.4 makes them much more viable.

Congrats on the torch, even if it's not great.  I think I will take a legacy Paladin and convert him to a smiter eventually to get torches, but runes are still my priority right now.  Found another Gul in LK, which is good but not quite good enough.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2022, 10:54:14 AM by Flan »

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 31, 2022, 02:07:14 PM »
yeah...I am no longer to excited when I find a Mal.  It doesn't really help to get to a Lo.  I decided to farm a bunch of keys from Countess and Summoner.  Supposedly the Summoner is one of the best sources for getting a Lo.

The Auradin is off the hook in the new patch.  I imagine they will nerf what is going on in the PTR, or maybe not as to get the craziness it means insane amounts of high runes.

Flan

• View Profile
« Reply #279 on: February 09, 2022, 06:53:44 AM »
Haven't been able to play as much, but still can't get that last elusive rune - might end up cubing soon just to be done with it.  Had a decent might last night with a Fal, Pul and Um, but really just want to finish off Infinity and try some cow runs.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 10, 2022, 04:51:31 PM »
Well the nerf for Auradin happened but it is still pretty crazy.  Probably not a build I will ever do given the needed runes.

I burnt through so many making infinity.

The other day I had another Ber drop.  This is how the game hooks you because now I am one Jah away from enigma. 

I am still looking to get a Lo to make Grief.

I farmed my second torch.  I now have a Necro and a Druid.  Which are my two online characters.  My torches are, of course, offline.

Flan

• View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 11, 2022, 05:58:11 AM »
I bit the bullet and cubed two more Surs to make Infinity, and happy with the results with 317% ED.  I was a bit forced to do it, since I screwed up my excellent LK map and didn't feel like rerolling.  Took my Zon out mooing a couple of times and got a Fal, but she's not geared right for that yet.  I'll bring a Griffon's from legacy forward and a few other things to make things smoother.  Did P5, and it was fairly easy.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 11, 2022, 12:54:48 PM »
Congrats on the infinity.  It is all about the aura on that one.  I ended up with a pretty low ED, but near perfect minus to lightning.  The opposite would have been better but the thing still rocks.

Flan

• View Profile
« Reply #283 on: February 19, 2022, 08:27:13 AM »
Started a Plaguezon in a HC tourney that I'm doing.  Level 25 with one dead Duriel.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #284 on: February 27, 2022, 03:21:00 PM »
I think I made it to end of NM once with a HC character.

Good luck.