Author Topic: D2R Launch Party!  (Read 15287 times)

Flan

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
Re: D2R Launch Party!
« Reply #255 on: December 30, 2021, 10:29:38 AM »
Very Nice!  Let us know how it works for you.

I'm torn on in if I will make one in a non-ethereal so I can use it for some character builds too. 

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 30, 2021, 06:03:47 PM »
I think you should wait until you get an ethereal one.  Ideally a Thresher or Giant Thresher for the speed.  The crushing blow on it means that speed is important.  I gave my merc a Treachery to increase the attack speed and I am loving it. 

I might have one if you want me to send a mule character to you with it.

Quote from: Wrote this in Discord
You were curious about the Infinity.  I just finished a P3 run were I hit - Pit, Cows, Chaos Sanctuary, Andy, Pindle, Eldretch (sp) and I only had to fix my Javs once.  I probably got a bit lucky with the bosses that spawned in that I didn't have to park any of them.  From time to time I run into a but that is still LI but it is somewhat rare.  I had one that was also Stone skin and I literally had to sit back to let my merc, very slowly, kill him.  I switched my Merc to Treachery and it was/is an awesome choice.  It is actually super fun to be able to do almost all areas of the game.  Problem areas/monsters are Nilly and Glooms.  My resists suck on this character.  That said I stand back and kill most things before they get close.  Even on P3.  For Nilly I really need the RiP mod.  For Glooms I really need to have better resists and switch to Thundergods.  Cow King can be tough as he can spawn with some crazy mods.  All in all I am glad to have made the Infinity.

After I wrote that I did another run and I probably fixed my Javs during a TP back to town.  Still having to fix my Javs a lot less now.

Flan

• View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 04, 2022, 09:49:33 AM »
I think you should wait until you get an ethereal one.  Ideally a Thresher or Giant Thresher for the speed.  The crushing blow on it means that speed is important.  I gave my merc a Treachery to increase the attack speed and I am loving it. 

I might have one if you want me to send a mule character to you with it.

Quote from: Wrote this in Discord
You were curious about the Infinity.  I just finished a P3 run were I hit - Pit, Cows, Chaos Sanctuary, Andy, Pindle, Eldretch (sp) and I only had to fix my Javs once.  I probably got a bit lucky with the bosses that spawned in that I didn't have to park any of them.  From time to time I run into a but that is still LI but it is somewhat rare.  I had one that was also Stone skin and I literally had to sit back to let my merc, very slowly, kill him.  I switched my Merc to Treachery and it was/is an awesome choice.  It is actually super fun to be able to do almost all areas of the game.  Problem areas/monsters are Nilly and Glooms.  My resists suck on this character.  That said I stand back and kill most things before they get close.  Even on P3.  For Nilly I really need the RiP mod.  For Glooms I really need to have better resists and switch to Thundergods.  Cow King can be tough as he can spawn with some crazy mods.  All in all I am glad to have made the Infinity.

After I wrote that I did another run and I probably fixed my Javs during a TP back to town.  Still having to fix my Javs a lot less now.

I am sure I have a Thresher or GT in an old stash, but thanks for the pffer.  I was just wondering about making it in a normal weapon so characters can use it as well and not have it a strictly merc weapon.

Now I get into my conundrum.  After not much luck in LK, I got two Sur runes in about 20 runs - which brings me to 4.  I could cube and make the Infinity as discussed and boost my Javazon, or I can cube even higher to get the Jah to make my dual Dream Tesladin and Sorc.  While neither would have a merc with Infinity, I think they would both be easy enough to play without.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 04, 2022, 11:48:07 AM »
Wow!  Congratulations on the four Sur runes!  That is freaking awesome.  A good quandary to have!

Flan

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 04, 2022, 07:40:06 PM »
Wow!  Congratulations on the four Sur runes!  That is freaking awesome.  A good quandary to have!

Thank you Sur, may I have another?  As a matter of fact, I can.  Bagged 3 of them in under 24 hours, plus a Gul.  Crazy luck after a long stretch of meh. 

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 05, 2022, 12:36:19 PM »
That is insane.  It took me between 40 to 60 hours of LK running to get something similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnQTa9eLLXA

You might want to check that out as it is about an Auradin with dual Dream. 

Flan

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 05, 2022, 12:59:52 PM »
That is insane.  It took me between 40 to 60 hours of LK running to get something similar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnQTa9eLLXA

You might want to check that out as it is about an Auradin with dual Dream.

That build is my long-term plan, which is one of the reasons I have not cubed my Sur runes to make Infinity.  I had not planned on using Doom for the merc, the rest is going to be expensive enough lol.  I would like a Frenzier with HoJ and Dragon armor, especially if they buff Holy Fire in the patch.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 05, 2022, 11:01:23 PM »
That build is crazy rich.  But it does look fun.  And if the rumored changes happen it should be much strong than what it is currently.

I have done enough running different areas.  Right now I am slowly working on a lightning Sorc.  Still in Act 1 normal so a long ways away.

Flan

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 07, 2022, 09:49:32 AM »
I updated a legacy hammerdin to D2R with the idea to run CS for high runes.  I think he's built decently, but I just suck at throwing hammers.  Not very fast (except Diablo drops quickly), so just a waste of my time to keep trying.  Back to LK and hope for more good luck, though it has fled me since I hit the 3 Surs.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 07, 2022, 10:12:53 AM »
My Javazon with Infinity does chaos sanc pretty well.  I should throw some type of teleport on her to skip the first part.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 07, 2022, 01:49:36 PM »
Another dual dream build that is perfectly reasonable...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSNKp2aaDdI

He recommends having BoTD as you main weapon.  I only have two of those and they are on my Barb. :P

You could probably find a different choice for a weapon that would work.

Flan

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 08, 2022, 03:45:29 PM »
Haven't watched the whole thing, but I imagine Death or Oath could be used as well - and I have both from legacy.

Found Sur number 6 after 3 more days of LK runs.  Still isolating because of covid, so I still get more play time than usual.  I did cube 2 of them to make my first Ber, so halfway to Infinity for a myriad of builds. 

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 08, 2022, 09:34:28 PM »
Congrats on cubing a Ber!

And yes those should work.  Not sure which would be best.

Flan

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 10, 2022, 10:08:01 AM »
Thanks.  Found an Ohm last night, but my brain didn't register what it was until after I had picked it up.  Now just looking for a Sur or Ber for Infinity and to see how cows would go.

Flan

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 11, 2022, 11:23:47 AM »
Yesterday was a good day in LK with an Arreat's and another Harley found.  On the rune front, found a second Ohm, a Gul and 3 Mals.  Will probably end up making a HotO fairly soon since I appear to have lost mine from legacy.  Not needed right now, but will be useful when I stop running and start up some new toons.