Author Topic: D2R Launch Party!  (Read 5661 times)

Silverthorn

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 2
    • View Profile
Re: D2R Launch Party!
« Reply #180 on: November 02, 2021, 01:59:34 AM »
Well, I just started out cleanly with a necro. Made decent progress for the limited time I can pour into playing, stuff like real life gets in the way. Finished Act-1 Normal ::),  cleansed the sewers in act-2, venturing out into the desert. Mostly players 5, got one unique (Deathspade) so far for all my trouble.

Flan

• Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 02, 2021, 09:34:18 AM »
My Javazon has been running Meph, hoping for a set of Titan's to up her damage.  Imagine my pain when a ceremonial javelin and ceremonial both fall on the same drop, one yellow and one gold - only the wrong one was gold.  The Lycander's is nice on switch and I use it to take out Meph quickly on P3, but just so close.

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 02, 2021, 10:39:17 AM »
I have been mainly running ancients and LK in a bid to get my character up to level 90.  Which I achieved, first time I have crossed that mark.  I am closing in on 60% mark on the grail.  Despite all the running of LK and Ancients I only picked up one MAL.  I had a couple interesting drops.

One of those interesting drops is an Eth Archon Plate with three sockets.  Right now I am debating between Treachery or Duress for that. 

syn

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 13
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 02, 2021, 01:15:01 PM »
I have been mainly running ancients and LK in a bid to get my character up to level 90.  Which I achieved, first time I have crossed that mark.  I am closing in on 60% mark on the grail.  Despite all the running of LK and Ancients I only picked up one MAL.  I had a couple interesting drops.

One of those interesting drops is an Eth Archon Plate with three sockets.  Right now I am debating between Treachery or Duress for that.

i've periodically wished i'd made duress rather than treachery, for the crushing blow. if you have another source for that, i'd lean towards treachery.

Supermatt

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 02, 2021, 02:54:29 PM »
Hi all, just a reminder to join the GO Discord if you haven't already: https://discord.gg/hXwFjZ5e2f

Even if you prefer to engage through the forum, the GO Discord is an alternative platform for communicating if the forum goes down as it did over the weekend :-)

Well, I just started out cleanly with a necro. Made decent progress for the limited time I can pour into playing, stuff like real life gets in the way. Finished Act-1 Normal ::),  cleansed the sewers in act-2, venturing out into the desert. Mostly players 5, got one unique (Deathspade) so far for all my trouble.

Good to see you back and playing! I think almost all of us have started clean with D2R and its been fun seeing people's progress and drops.

Silverthorn

• Cookies: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 04, 2021, 05:41:24 AM »
Hi all, just a reminder to join the GO Discord if you haven't already: https://discord.gg/hXwFjZ5e2f

I am getting an "Invite Invalid" error (Invite may have expired)

syn

• Cookies: 13
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 04, 2021, 08:10:41 AM »

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 04, 2021, 11:13:00 AM »
I have been mainly MFing.  I just crossed the 60% on the grail.  Trying to decide what character I want to make next.  It will probably be a Hammerdin.  So many areas have no Magic Resistance monsters.

Getting tired of doing Cows.  A bit disappointed in the rune drops there.  Not only have I not found good runes there, but I have an so few drop, which surprises me given the monster density.  Best thing about Cows have been the bases.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 07, 2021, 10:49:34 AM »
I am now about Half Way through my Hammerdin progression.  In NM Act 3. 

All in all I know that Hammerdin is one of the most powerful characters.  That said it is annoying as F* to play.  You are constantly having to readjust your position to make sure the hammers hit.  God forbid a monster is in a weird position and you can't hit him because the hammers hit a wall or some obstruction.

Hammerdin in Maggot lair manages to be even worse at doing the maggot lair than the Javazon.  The Javazon only stuggles in hell because of LIs. The Hammerdin mean while just throws his hammers to see the hit the wall.  I have no clue how I am going to finish the maggot lair in Hell. 

Is the answer to put one point in zeal?  Or is it to TP in the middle of monsters and hope your merc can kill them before you all die.  Seems it is a recipe for disaster.

I will be happy to have the hammer in Hell to kill diablo and do a couple of other areas but my god...general questing is not so fun.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 07, 2021, 04:31:47 PM »
Ssssith from memory, slight movement adjustments work.  I think that the hammer starts on the left side before it starts to go clockwise?  So you should have some options to hit it if they are below or above you, its just a lot slower than other areas but you will get through it. 
Having merc to stand on you and help will be good too.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 08, 2021, 10:43:47 AM »
Oh...I completely get how to get the hammers to hit.  It is just supper fiddly and annoying at time.

mn4nu

• Cookies: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 08, 2021, 12:24:35 PM »
Don't put a point in zeal.  Rely on your merc to do most of the killing in those tight areas.  Support the merc with holy bolt too.  That really helps to keep them alive in those situations where you can't kill something, be it magic immunes or tight areas like the maggot lair.  It will take time to get through those areas, but you will get through them.  Another way to support the merc is to buff him with enchant using the demon limb weapon (if you have it).  That adds to their attack rating and gives little bit of fire damage too.

Also, use your other auras as necessary to help the merc out...salvation, cleansing, etc.  I used those a lot as a hammerdin to keep the merc alive when I couldn't really contribute to damaging enemies.  For the most part though, you only have to worry about this in a few places.  Most of the game you can spam hammers and clear the map of mobs with ease.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 12:26:55 PM by mn4nu »

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 08, 2021, 02:05:22 PM »
I will have to look into Holy Bolt.  I assume I already have it and I am not investing any other points to the skill.

Am about to enter Hell at level 70.  I finished NM at 58 which was too low.

Flan

• Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 09, 2021, 10:31:40 AM »
Been pretty busy, but have been able to get some NM Meph runs in and gotten some decent items - Guillaume's, Dwarf Star, IK helm and others.  Really want some Titan's to get her more Hell viable, but no luck so far.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 10, 2021, 10:46:59 AM »
My Hammerdin is parked right outside of Hell Maggot Lair.  I am dreading going into that cesspool.  I really need an elite version of Insight before I go in there.  Time to get my Zon to run some cows and get a base.  I probably won't bother to worry about if it is Eth or not.

My Sorc is running LK right now.  I am about two hours into it with nothing to show for it yet.  I probably only have 1000 more hours to go.