Author Topic: D2R Launch Party!  (Read 3586 times)

dave in the basement

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 6
    • View Profile
Re: D2R Launch Party!
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2021, 11:35:46 AM »
I'll be kicking off my necromancer soon, folks. Happy hunting out there and please save some phat lootz for me!

Orbert

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 153
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2021, 01:46:08 PM »
Played my Amazon a little bit, then got dropped from the server.  Ugh.

Then I remembered that you can create characters online or offline, so I started a Sorceress offline.  Killed Blood Raven so far.

Yeah, those loading screens are painful.  Basically sitting forever for... I'm not sure what.  Loading, I guess.

Drozz

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2021, 07:31:42 PM »
Last night, I started a char in SP. Went slow, so I looked into bringing over my D2 plugy MFer, a windy druid. Ran the pit, and it was neat. I don't know if that's what I want to do, so I started an online character, sorceress. Can't do /players 8, so it will be slower than offline. I rushed her, I guess, because I was in the underground at level 6. She got one shot by an archer pack, and I recorded my first D2R death. Logged out because I didn't want to have to go back for my body. Went to log in again, and the server died. So, I went back to offline and ran AT with the windy druid. Arreat's Face dropped for my first good drop in D2R. Later on, I was able to log back online and got my sorc's stuff back.

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2021, 09:05:35 PM »
Act 3 down!  Did the moat trick on Mephisto, or else that battle would have sucked.  I need to level up a little bit before continuing on into Act 4.  I'm currently at lvl 24 and Act 4 area levels are 26-28.  I've found 2 uniques, the morning star and spiked club.  I've found a couple of set items too.  Nothing really useful for my sorceress though.  I have made a leaf staff, so that has been nice.

dave in the basement

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2021, 11:06:22 AM »
How can you tell if new characters that you create are expansion characters? That's all I want, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to toggle the button or not. Is there a way to see by looking at the character screen or anything?

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2021, 01:33:17 PM »
It’s the last toggle. If any of the following drops then it’s lod. Charms, jewels, ethereals,
Runes, class spec gear. Stash for classic is old tiny size

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2021, 05:29:48 PM »
I finished Normal at lvl 32.  Once I hit lvl 30 frozen orb came on board and things went smoothly.  I am planning to go Meteor/Orb to start.  It's an all-around solid build for a starting sorceress.  Going to level up for a bit in normal before going to nightmare.  Nothing really great for drops.  Some better gear for the merc would be nice.

I really liked the graphics in the game.  The fire spells look great.

dave in the basement

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2021, 09:18:08 PM »
It’s the last toggle. If any of the following drops then it’s lod. Charms, jewels, ethereals,
Runes, class spec gear. Stash for classic is old tiny size

Thanks! I had a jewel drop, so I guess I'm good. :)

Drozz

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2021, 09:56:15 PM »
I think you toggle that button if you don't want LOD, although I don't know why anyone would not want LOD.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2021, 05:55:26 AM »
It’s quite a different pacing. Sort of like why would anyone go camping in a tent when there is modern plumbing

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2021, 02:06:23 PM »
I killed Baal Normal.  The biggest pain in the butt was Lister and his group.  I finally had to leave my merc dead in town.  Ran a circle while slowly whittling them down.  Many trips back to town to get mana pots.  Got to Baal, and the merc promptly dies.  Baal was not too bad, had to run back to town once for mana pots.

Really looking forward to getting Insight.  I assume running Countess is the best way to do this.  That is my next target.

dave in the basement

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2021, 06:06:00 PM »
I'm waaay behind, but my summoner necro finally killed Andy in normal and I'm somewhere around level 18. So far I haven't found anything remotely noteworthy, and the Countess only dropped me a Tir. Ta da!

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2021, 09:59:20 PM »
Well I can say I was there at launch, got up just before 3am, and Sam was also up at 3am!  Glad I picked SP to start due to hearing about the bnet issues .. and since I haven't paid for a nintendo online pass.  I really took my time, fully watching all the cinematics, listening to all the NPC speeches. 

It took a bit getting used to the controls, and binding of actions .. still getting there as muscle memory builds with time.  Had my first death at Blood Raven, not sure if i wasn't paying attention, or a bit slow reaching for the health button. 

After a few days I have a trapsin who is level 24 in act 4, a skelly necro at the start of act 2, and a hammerdin who only really just started.   Playing on the switch is an adjustment, but its my only option for D2R for now.

Green and Gold are few and far between so far.  I'm enjoying hearing about the rest of you playing as much as I'm having fun playing myself, so keep it up!

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2021, 11:04:34 PM »
I'm in nightmare act 2 now, at the arcane sanctuary. Things are going smoothly. Act 1 nightmare went quick. Normal Baal dropped me a kelpie snare and the merc really liked that.

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2021, 10:35:11 AM »
At NM Countess right now.  I have the runes for Insight but not the polearm.  I am thinking of going back to Normal cows, or maybe trying to find and exceptional base and going to Larzuk to have him socket it.  I believe he will put the maximum sockets in an item, so I need to figure out if that would work.  I am thinking of running Countess to make some more items.  I need an armor that will keep my merc alive, so I will look into that.

I have worked on re-binding my keys. A-S-D-F and Z-X-C-V seem like the best option.  So I am also in the process of getting used to that, and figuring out how to set my keys for other things.  I am thinking of making my potions Q-W-E-R, and then 1-2-3-4 can go to the less important stuff that was on 1-2-3-4.  So far A-S-D-F feel much better.

Question about the Imbue quest.  What is the best use of that?