Author Topic: D2R Launch Party!  (Read 5647 times)

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 26
    • View Profile
Re: D2R Launch Party!
« Reply #135 on: October 16, 2021, 11:11:15 PM »
I would guess no.  According to THIS a FAL is the highest drop for Act 3 NM.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 17, 2021, 10:01:36 AM »
Well I got my Blizz Sorc to hell.  I couldn't kill shit in the Den of Evil.  Matt told me to respec to dual elements so I am not a Blizzard/Fireball sorc.  Hopefully I will do ok now.  Drozz smacked me for being a dumb ass for going to Hell at level 63.  Good point.  So I ran Baal until I hit level 75.  Some good drops...most useful being Duriel Shell.  My merc is pretty good right now.

I need some better equipment so I switched to IK Gloves and Boots.  The combo is not bad and even gives MF bonus.  I put on Snowclash Belt which helps my my Blizzard and stop using Angelic gloves and belt, which is just asking for problems at this level.

Time to get to, and kill, Andy.

edit: Just did the underground passage and saving Cain.  So much smoother than my first time in Hell with her. lol
« Last Edit: October 17, 2021, 10:37:12 AM by Sssith »

Drozz

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 17, 2021, 12:42:07 PM »
I did no such thing, lol. I merely suggested 63 may not be enough for Hell.  ;D

Flan

• Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 17, 2021, 05:11:16 PM »
Guess I'll reroll NM Meph maps.  Finished off Baal (P3) and he dropped crap.  Got a Lum somewhere, along with Rockstopper and Coldsteel Eye (nice upgrade for me.  Big change was got Insight in an ethereal Bec, which made killing a lot easier.  Sad that I have to hide behind my merc so often though.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 17, 2021, 10:42:36 PM »
In Act II Hell.  Getting close to the end of it.  Duriel must be quaking in fear.

Must be. lol

Orbert

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 153
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 17, 2021, 11:56:18 PM »
My Amazon killed Baal.  Normal.  I'm not sure if I'm going to continue, to be honest.  The load/unload times drive me insane, and I still run into lags of some kind while playing the game.  I think it's because my poor old PC is straining hard to play this game.

I played a little D3 tonight just for a change, and it was much less frustrating.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 18, 2021, 09:07:38 AM »
That is a bummer.  The only time I see the game stutter is when I kill shenk.  But yes the game is demanding.  There are settings, I have read, that help with performance.

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 18, 2021, 09:50:52 AM »
I've always been behind the tech curve when it comes to PCs, because it's just not that important to me.  After all these years, Diablo is still the only game I play.  When D3 came out years ago, I couldn't run it, so I got a new PC, pretty much the minimum required to run D3.  Who'd've thought that D2 would come back and be my nemesis?

It looks great.  I love what they've done with the place.  But I literally click "Start" and pull out my phone and surf a bit while it loads.  I've never actually timed it, but I sweat sometimes the loading screen go a full 30 seconds or more.  I've read and answered emails while waiting for loads.  And the gameplay itself stutters and jumps on the lowest settings.

My Sorc and Amazon have killed Baal.  I may go back and finish my Barb, and by "finish" I mean Normal.  I still like the game, but the logistics are kinda sucking a lot of the joy out of it for me.

Supermatt

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 18, 2021, 08:08:01 PM »
I've always been behind the tech curve when it comes to PCs, because it's just not that important to me.  After all these years, Diablo is still the only game I play.  When D3 came out years ago, I couldn't run it, so I got a new PC, pretty much the minimum required to run D3.  Who'd've thought that D2 would come back and be my nemesis?

It looks great.  I love what they've done with the place.  But I literally click "Start" and pull out my phone and surf a bit while it loads.  I've never actually timed it, but I sweat sometimes the loading screen go a full 30 seconds or more.  I've read and answered emails while waiting for loads.  And the gameplay itself stutters and jumps on the lowest settings.

My Sorc and Amazon have killed Baal.  I may go back and finish my Barb, and by "finish" I mean Normal.  I still like the game, but the logistics are kinda sucking a lot of the joy out of it for me.

Orbert, does your computer have a solid state drive (SSD) as its boot drive? I initially installed D2R on my D: and it was slow but then moved it to my SSD and its much faster.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 19, 2021, 10:14:01 AM »
I have killed Hell Meph.  I will start to run him though my map is not great.  I might have to reroll it.  His drop was a green ammy, and thank god it was not a Cathan's.  It was Angelic which is one I haven't gotten.  I really want a Tals though.

My rune tally so far.  I just moved all my runes to my stash.

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 19, 2021, 12:47:30 PM »
Orbert, does your computer have a solid state drive (SSD) as its boot drive? I initially installed D2R on my D: and it was slow but then moved it to my SSD and its much faster.

I was going to get one, they were starting to become more common at the time and I thought it would be nice to have, but somehow the salesguy talked me out of it, convinced me that it really wouldn't make much difference for the types of apps I was running.  And for D3, Word, Excel, and surfing the net, he's probably right.  But I should've gone with it anyway.  I think that's the first time a salesperson has actually "downsold" me on something.

Any idea if it would be worth it now?  Adding an SSD and making it the boot drive?

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 19, 2021, 01:31:19 PM »
It would certainly be an improvement for the computer.  Games generally run faster from an SSD.  Tough to tell how much an improvement it will be for you computer as, it sounds, like the computer is a bit long in the tooth.

If I were going to do I would do a clean OS install on the SSD and use the other HDs as storage.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 19, 2021, 01:58:04 PM »
I got an ssd in 2010. Back then they said it was the biggest jump in performance in older tech to new. HIGHLY recommended.

OS boots much faster and apps even if it

Flan

• Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 20, 2021, 05:24:00 AM »
Since meph runs take forever, I decided to just to do some rune runs on Countess and LK since my map is perfect.  Got enough to craft a Lum, so was able to make Smoke to max my resistances, a Hwanin's Refuge for my merc and a Bloodletter to really improve my damage.  Still not ready for Hell, so will keep looking for runes.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 20, 2021, 10:43:06 AM »
Running Hell Meph.  I do not have a great map and I am debating rerolling it.  I can do the whole run while only drinking one pot.  But the long run of teleporting means on day i will land in the middle of a pack of monsters and die.  That said I am past the 105% break point and man can she move.

So far my best drop from him is an Azurewrath.

Question:  how many blue and white shakos do I have to see before I am given a gold one?  I have seen sooo many.