Author Topic: D2R: Useful Resources  (Read 614 times)

Supermatt

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 9
    • View Profile
D2R: Useful Resources
« on: August 25, 2021, 06:22:22 PM »
Hi all,

Just kicking off a resource thread for D2R as a permanent home for some useful links and resources:

D2R 3rd-party FAQs
https://www.purediablo.com/diablo-2/diablo-2-resurrected-faq/

D2/D2R Runeword Calculator:
https://www.purediablo.com/diablo-2/runeword-calculator/

Dust

• Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 11:19:18 PM by Dust »

Supermatt

• View Profile
Re: D2R: Useful Resources
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 10:42:51 PM »
I'm planning to play an Amazon first up and found this guide: https://d2.maxroll.gg/guides/amazon-leveling-guide

Though remembering that Sorcs and Barbs are better MFers that might not be the best choice...

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 12:21:13 AM »
Play what is fun. Get a zon going. You might have a sorc and barb too for other times. Don’t neglect the other 4 too!

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2021, 08:40:27 AM »
I will be starting with a Zon as well and I probably should have posted that link, as I had also found it.  Javazon is probably the best cow herder which is a really good way of getting runes.

If you want to grail at some point you will want a Blizzard Sorc to farm Meph.  But other than that...meh...do what you want.

Drozz

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2021, 02:35:42 PM »
I will most likely start with sorc. There are many guides out there, so pretty easy to find. I have started my first ever trapsin in D2LOD, and she just cleared normal. I'm liking it, but I think hell will be an issue with all the LIs. Still makes me think that it may be fun to start with a trapsin early in D2R. I have my windy druid who does all my farming for me in D2LOD right now, because my blizz sorc is not quite finished yet.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2021, 03:42:13 PM »
Drozz: Grogs had a trapsin at 98 and going towards 99 when he stopped. There are a range of options for LI.   While not cheap, infinity lets you merc have conviction to break some LIs.  Between shadows and merc they can tank and kill some baddies, then Death Sentry can start doing corpse explosions for you.   Some of the other skills can stop monsters in their tracks the psychic things if you just want to walk past them :D

Dust

• Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2021, 08:06:18 PM »
I have started my first ever trapsin in D2LOD, and she just cleared normal.

Welcome to the team :)

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2021, 10:25:15 AM »
With my Javazon I will have to get insanely lucky with runes to make an infiinity.  I mean, you only need two Bers.  Three with the realization that if you find one you might want to make Enigma first.  That should be easy.   ::)

Yeah...LIs are going to be the Bane of my existence with the Javazon.

How long before some SP players are going to be duping runes?  *sigh*

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2021, 03:49:52 PM »
With my Javazon I will have to get insanely lucky with runes to make an infiinity.  I mean, you only need two Bers.  Three with the realization that if you find one you might want to make Enigma first.  That should be easy.   ::)

Yeah...LIs are going to be the Bane of my existence with the Javazon.

How long before some SP players are going to be duping runes?  *sigh*

This post needs a bit of a reality check.    Your build will be hell viable without any high runes at all. LIs will be a pain, but you also have physical damage options.  And thats how D2 was built.   I know you've played a whole lot of other games I haven't so I'm not sure how they do them, but you have a viable build that will slay large amounts of enemies quickly.  For LIs you have options of secondary attacks, or maybe you'll park them.  Maybe you'll save and quit and see if the boss rolls with something more favourable?

In the last couple of patches, rune drop rates have been tweaked MULTIPLE TIMES.  In 1.09 I never saw an UM or above and not from a lack of looking.  In 1.14 I've had a BER drop from pindles pack.  I've seen lots of other runes, LO, OHM, VEX, SUR etc.  Some just from playing normally, some from targetting things such as the Travincal pack, or I tried opening superchests in Lower Kurast. 

I eventually made an enigma many years back without duping, and it is a thing of beauty .. but its not required at all.  I had a look, I have a skullders on mine, other options might be Fortitude (not too expensive)  El + Sol + Dol + Lo

Body Armor
20% Chance To Cast Level 15 Chilling Armor when Struck
+25% Faster Cast Rate
+300% Enhanced Damage
+200% Enhanced Defense
+15 Defense
+X To Life (Based on Character Level)*
Replenish Life +7
+5% To Maximum Lightning Resist
All Resistances +25-30 (varies)
Damage Reduced By 7
12% Damage Taken Goes To Mana
+1 To Light Radius

I'm yet to make infinity, its on my wishlist after Beast, and it will help out I'm sure.

I know some people have duped runes in the past, but you don't have to.  It comes down to matching your goals to your willingness to play.  Anecdotally, those who do dupe have a big buzz of getting to the destination, and then they normally burn out quickly.

Don't forget, we don't know HOW these will be able to spawn, but Anni and Torch will be available in SP now, check out these stats to help you.  All that res, attributes, skills will help move characters to another level, or give more options in other gear, you won't need to worry about resistance in gear/charms as much.

Annihilus*
Small Charm
Required Level: 70
+1 To All Skills
+10-20 To All Attributes (varies)
All Resistances +10-20 (varies)
+5-10% To Experience Gained (varies)
(Only Spawns In Patch 1.10 or later)

Hellfire Torch*
Large Charm
Required Level: 75
5% Chance To Cast level 10 Firestorm* On Striking
+3 to Random Character Class Skills (varies)
+10-20 To All Attributes (varies)
All Resistances +10-20 (varies)
+8 To Light Radius
Level 30 Hydra (10 charges)
(Only Spawns In Patch 1.13 or later)

So .. bit of a reality check plus some optimism.  You are going to be having a LOT more fun than frustration.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2021, 05:12:17 PM »
No point in duping from my POV.  The fun part should be the excitement of seeing things drop. 

For LIs I think it is Jab that is the go to attack.  No clue how viable that is but not the end of the world.

I never did farm an annihilus or torch.  Never did play ladder back in the day and it is about time all the stuff is available in SP.  Should be fun to figure out how to get them.

And finally, I knew about the increased drop rate of the runes.  It is a pity that they didn't do that earlier.  That is the problem of playing SP.  Games generally gear their drops with the idea that people are going to trade for them.  If too many drop it 'breaks' the economy.  That said, even with the drop rate I am not so hopeful for the runes.  Time will tell and maybe with the fact that a Javazon is good at cowing I might get luck with runes.  The highest I ever found I think was an Um (maybe an Ist -- can't remember at this point).  Certainly no higher than that.

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2021, 05:13:25 PM »
Fire blast for the lightning trapper is a good secondary skill.  Plus your merc can help with the LIs.

Lightning Fury zon is probably the best boss killer there is.  Charged strike just mows them down.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2021, 05:15:42 PM »
Yeah...one of the reasons I wanted to try it.  Pindle is going to feel my wrath (he's not LI is he?) lol

Drozz

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2021, 07:19:30 PM »
I have started my first ever trapsin in D2LOD, and she just cleared normal.

Welcome to the team :)
That's just the sin team. I've been playing since January, so I have a pat'd windy druid and mat'd javazon. Still working on my blizz sorc and frenzy barb slowly through hell.

Supermatt

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2021, 10:50:48 PM »
For a Lightning Javazon don't you just put a spear with Jab on the switch for LI? I'm pretty sure that's what mine had.