Author Topic: Path of Exile  (Read 814 times)

Grogs

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2021, 03:46:57 PM »
I'll plug it in for you and paste the result after work today.

Grogs

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2021, 12:05:39 AM »
Havent done that for you yet! 

Harvest div card gamble gave me 4 note in the wind and I got my helm, also had the last Bereks ring drop and traded in the 3 of them for The Taming, such a big power jump in those 2 items.  Char is now amazing at t16 map clear, still quite not great boss killer, butbi may switch to barrage in the 2nd 6 link (once I actually 6 link a chest)...

Fun char is fun now.

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2021, 03:12:35 PM »
Congrats on getting over the new items.

I created a new tree in that build and I created the cluster jewel that I have.  I just haven't figured out how to put that jewel into the tree.  I am probably missing something easy.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2021, 08:08:53 PM »
So I did the respec.  https://pastebin.com/s6c3C35F

That is the new pastebin.  It seems to be better.  I still need better medium Jewels.  A better large Jewel also, but the large Jewel is pretty good.  Now to see if I notice a difference.  First time using a cluster Jewel.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2021, 08:44:58 AM »
Taking a break from POE there is so much to like in the game and so many annoying things.  I have another character at level 88 that slowly screeches to a halt.  I could probably power through this time but I am finding that I really don't want to.  The 10% death penalty is beyond annoying because you get one shot from off the screen, or run into a boss that corrupts your blood over and over.  Just tedious.

Grogs

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2021, 02:50:44 AM »
I feel your pain, I always do heists once exp bar is at 50%... no difficult content until levelled again...

TheNix

• Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2021, 07:02:20 PM »
I've been on a fairly long hiatus from D2 and been playing PoE instead.  I've been playing PoE for years now, started back in beta, but the constant resetting of the new leagues got me down.  I exclusively play SSF Standard now.  I'm currently playing a Dominating Blow Guardian at level 95 (assuming I don't die again, I should hit 96 today!) and really enjoying it.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2021, 02:13:03 PM »
This last patch was rough.  Messed up the builds I had.  So I decided to try the league.  In retrospect it was probably a mistake.  I should have just figured out how to change my builds.  That said I do like my TR Raider but I ran into the same issues around level 88.

Flan

• Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2021, 12:42:11 PM »
I played for quite sometime, but I got tired of not having optimal builds and trying to get through any endgame content.  Just seems overly complex in general, but there are a lot of things to like about the game.  Many skills are not endgame viable either, unless you have the best equipment.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2021, 04:52:33 PM »
I played for quite sometime, but I got tired of not having optimal builds and trying to get through any endgame content.  Just seems overly complex in general, but there are a lot of things to like about the game.  Many skills are not endgame viable either, unless you have the best equipment.

Hey Flan!

And yes...that is pretty much my experience.  I finally had something that might have been end game viable when the nerf hammer hit. Frustrating.

A good game that is overly complex.

Flan

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2021, 10:53:25 AM »

Hey Flan!

And yes...that is pretty much my experience.  I finally had something that might have been end game viable when the nerf hammer hit. Frustrating.

A good game that is overly complex.

I didn't bother with the latest, I heard it was a nightmare.  I really enjoyed the variety of skills and the use of support skills, but it's a victim of it's complexity IMO.  With the number of skills available, you would think there would be a variety of builds that could finish fairly easily but not so.  I made it pretty far with some lesser used skills like cobra lash and chain hook (my favorite), but would never be able to do even the easiest of maps.

Grogs

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2021, 05:05:28 AM »
I didn't think I'd enjoy the ĺast league but really did.  Do agree PoE is bloated and overly complex, has some really good qualities however

Flan

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2021, 06:39:39 AM »
I didn't think I'd enjoy the ĺast league but really did.  Do agree PoE is bloated and overly complex, has some really good qualities however

It does have some really good qualities, which makes the overall execution so frustrating for me.  It's the power creep that seems to affect these games and makes it more and more difficult for casual players to enjoy.