Author Topic: Path of Exile  (Read 370 times)

Grogs

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2021, 10:48:37 PM »
Halariously, had 9 fusings after playing the other char for a bit and was trying to unlink my bow so I could horti 5 link and 6 linked it in 4 fusings... ridiculous game

KingsSpectre

• Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2021, 12:44:08 PM »
Halariously, had 9 fusings after playing the other char for a bit and was trying to unlink my bow so I could horti 5 link and 6 linked it in 4 fusings... ridiculous game

Wow!  There goes your RNG for the rest of the league! 

I'm having tons of fun with the winters eye / hydroshere occultist.  I don't think its going to make it very deep into yellow maps on self-found gear, but it's really fun to play.

Edit:  On a whim, I jumped from the T2 maps I'd been running to a moderately juiced T9.  Not bad!  Had to play carefully but damage wasn't a problem..
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 04:31:56 PM by KingsSpectre »

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2021, 05:33:52 PM »
I just ran six expedition log books.  That was pretty fun.  The process of getting the log books is pretty tedious.

Also playing around with a different bow.  The character screen says it is lower damage but it seems to work ok.  I haven't tried it on  a T10 map yet though.  It has the reduce Chaos Resistance mod on it and most of my Damage is Chaos Dots.  We shall see.  Still hunting a better bow.

Grogs

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2021, 08:53:26 PM »
So omg, I've been running storm rain totems as CC and single target damage along with LA, was running GMP and saw a vid on focussed Ballista Support... way smaller area, but man does it spit out some projectiles... Really quite a nice support.

https://youtu.be/Jpjgag0rh6c

KingsSpectre

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2021, 09:20:01 AM »
Is there a trick to getting logbooks?  Iíve only seen one.  Ok the character stinks at blight!  Every other mob is proximity shielded..  grumble.  WTB small life cluster jewel, 50 SoJ..

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2021, 10:32:08 AM »
https://youtu.be/Jpjgag0rh6c

Oh my.  can you link your character so I can get a better sense of the set up?

Also...how are you testing this?  Either way it looks very impressive. I would say you are doing just a bit more damage.

So I crafted a much better bow off of Rog.  Still lots of room for improvement but it is a nice step in the right direction.  First real improvement from Rog since the beginning of the week.  His higher level crafts are much better than the low level ones.  I used up most of my Jeweler Orbs and Links to get the five sockets linked.  Pain in my ass.  Now I need a 6L armor and bow.

Also very important note about Phasing.  I thought GGG broke phasing with there latest hot fix.  It went from awesome to basically note working for me. I just couldn't figure it out and it lead to a lot of deaths.  I was feeling pretty pissed and then I realized that I switched from Smoke Mine to Flame Dash.  No clue why that makes a difference.  But when I went back to Smoke Mine, and having detonate on left click, my Phasing started working again.  I don't event have to be dropping mines for it to make the difference.  I suspect it is a bug with the detonate being on the left click.  Holy fuck it makes a difference.  With Smoke Mine set up Phasing works and I can run around as I am supposed to with out it I was about to Rage Quit the game.

At this point I am working on my next bow.  I really need more Essences of Dread.  I have two screaming ones but I really need the level that is one higher to get the +2 bow gems.  Then I can start trying for my next level gems.  That and I really need more Thicket Bows.

Supermatt

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2021, 06:06:44 PM »
Hi all, I have created a GamersOasis Discord to complement the existing forum with a chat platform. Here's the join link if you're interested in checking it out: https://discord.gg/p9gm7WB8

Grogs

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2021, 06:44:00 PM »
Not my vid Sssith!  Just found it... multiple totems, Ballista totem and focussed totem support, then j
Totem will only fire when you attack.

Matt long time no see!  Will check out the discord!

Supermatt

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2021, 07:17:01 PM »
Matt long time no see!  Will check out the discord!

I know! I've been playing Hearthstone mostly and hadn't been able to much traction on GO with that so kinda fell out of the loop. But drifted back with the D2R open beta at the weekend.

I hope you're well.

KingsSpectre

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2021, 07:26:19 AM »
Hiya Matt!  Thanks for setting up a discord!

I think Iím going to split my time between league and standard going forward.  There are no gottahav items that Iím likely to get, and standard lets me play endgame will all the good toys Iíve found over the years.  Oh my poor builds.   :'(

Supermatt

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2021, 07:31:02 AM »
Hiya Matt!  Thanks for setting up a discord!

Sure thing. I've made a PoE channel as there appears to be a group of active players playing it.

Grogs

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2021, 07:15:58 PM »
Hit a really hard brick wall at t14 maps with the LA Deadeye.  Just not been able to farm the helm upgrade.  Started playing my alt, shield crush, such a better experience in red maps.  Char is only 86 and lvl 18 gems bit can comfortably do red maps.  Will need a better shield soon and need to farm some char levels, but will be the character to do the end game unless I can find the last 2 div cards to go back to the ranger.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2021, 11:07:55 PM »
I was debating starting up a Shield Charge character.  They seem pretty meta right now.

I asked this in discord but here might be better:
Question for those that might know better.  I am playing Raider Toxic Rain/Caustic Arrow.  I have found an almost great large cluster Jewel.  It has two of the three ideal skills in a 8 socket jewel.  I don't have the medium or small cluster Jewels to match.  Should I respect to the large cluster jewel or wait until I have at least the medium ones?

Grogs

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2021, 01:53:40 AM »
Use the large cluster.  Not sure if you use Path of Building, but import the char and you can check to see what it does to your damage.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2021, 10:39:50 AM »
I am about to go on a trip.  It  will have to wait until after.

It is a pretty big respec to get this done.  I know about importing to PoB.  What I am less clear about is how do I mimic the new cluster if it is not already in the socket.  I guess it won't hurt to try.  I probably should be better at that tool.

edit: https://pastebin.com/cPNJg8Ah

That is my current build.  Basically I would spec out from the path that leads to Atrophy and then put in the cluster jewel. 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 12:04:50 PM by Sssith »