Author Topic: Path of Exile  (Read 367 times)

Grogs

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
Path of Exile
« on: August 15, 2021, 05:11:34 PM »
For all things Poe!

Am struggling farming a note in the wind, splitting time between Oasis and desert spring.... is getting tedious, have 1 of 4 after God knows how many hours this weekend... may just push through and complete some more Atlas then come back to it.

Grogs

• View Profile
Re: Path of Exile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2021, 05:17:42 AM »
Randomly using Silver Coins and Got the Servants Heart prophecy, big bow upgrade and not one I was expecting!  Pretty happy, at least it's taking the pain of grinding the helm away!

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2021, 10:53:31 AM »
I am running t9 maps pretty well right now.  Level 85.  My frakking bow is still only 4Linked which is a pain in the ass. My helm sucks.

What are you guys thinking of the new League (not counting the frakking nerfs)?  Personally I am finding it pretty tedious.  I do not enjoy spending time figuring out the optimal what to put down my charges.  And when they give you bonuses for chests you don't get the good chests and the opposite seems true.  Gwen and Rog have given me nothing. Danning (sp?) seems pretty useless right now.  Mr. T is the easily the best one right now.  I have picked  up a lot of good currency from him.

Playing a Raider has been pretty eye opening in terms of speed.  People have always emphasized the need for speed but it is really obvious now important it is as a survivability tool.  Combine it will phasing and the game plays so much nicer.  As a whole I like the Toxic Rain/Caustic arrow play style.  I might have to switch to ballista because I need a better way to mitigate chaos/element resistances.  So far that is my down fall.

I really want to get to Sirus this league.  I think I am half way there but the tough half remains.  I want to say I have 12 watchstones.

Grogs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2021, 05:35:48 PM »
Found a kintsugi which got me out of Tabula, had to drop a link but the survivability upgrade is huge and more than made up for it.  Am now 16 watchstones in and pretty comfortably doing red maps.  Really need asenaths chant prophecy to be able to boss effectively as manually having to cast Hydeoshphere is exceedingly painful and more miss than hit.

I quite like the League mechanic, is great for currency, have not got anything decent from Gwenn gambling or deal, but there is time.  Will see how far I get before Sept and d2.

KingsSpectre

• Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2021, 07:23:15 PM »
Practicing my frozen orb skills with an eye of winter occultist - I get to play with hydro orb too, which is also new for me.  Just getting to act 5.

I have mixed feeling about the game mechanic.  Sometimes I like it, and sometimes its too long.  I guess that's ok, I just skip it.  I gambled and Impulsa while trying for a Tinker Skin.   :o 

The trapper works fine, but I don't like the play style.  CA/Toxic Rain works great, but I've made like 4 of them over the last year so I need something different.

Grogs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2021, 08:09:00 PM »
O impulsa, nice I was gambling Sadist Garbs for that for ages.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2021, 11:53:02 AM »
Once again I have hit Tier 10 maps and I am starting to struggle.  My main need is a better bow.

This is where all my characters seem to stall out.  Getting the next level gear to push forward.  I was really close to getting with my Flicker build before the nerf hammer hit. 

Now I am starting to struggle with my Toxic Rain / Caustic Arrow Raider.  A new bow with the mod to reduce Chaos Resistance might get me over the hump.  I have the mod unlocked, I just need to find/craft a bow that I can put it on.  I almost have a the right Dread essence to try to get lucky with the +2 to bow skils.

I also need to get luck with upgrading my helm, glove, armor, belt.  Everything could use an upgrade but those are the pieces that really need it.

I have to say I really hate the death penalty once you hit level 85.  I believe it is 10% and that is just too much given that there are so many things that just one shot you out of the blue.

Grogs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2021, 06:40:05 PM »
It's always a struggle to make the step to Red Maps, then it becomes easier once your gems are 20.  I felt a bit like I was death zerging maps until pretty recently!

KingsSpectre

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2021, 04:08:53 PM »
There's a lot to be said for a quill rain if your mana can keep up.  Numerically it takes a doozy of a crafted bow to beat it and it's fun as hell.  I'd think it wouldn't be TOO terribly bad to gamble one?

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2021, 06:12:00 PM »
I am going to check my item filter I though I had the short bow in my Chance allowance.  I haven't seen a short bow that I can chance much less have the unique version drop.  I do have a low level quill rain but it is only three sockets and because of the iLevel I can't get more on it.

edit: it is in my filter--I am just not see any short bows for some reason

KingsSpectre

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2021, 09:05:39 PM »
Oh and.. great for Toxic Rain, not so much for Caustic Arrow as the attack speed doesn't really buy you anything.

Grogs

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2021, 08:55:22 AM »
Saved up 300 fusings and thought I'd give it a go... failed.. and the 5 link horti recipes I have stored all created the 5 link backwards (leaving the first socket unlinked) which is unfortunate cause I need the green socket... sigh...

Will play the shield crush char for a bit to in bork myself :(

In happy news, I got another a note in the wind, random stacked deck, not from the 100 or so desert spring maps I've done.... half way to the dream helm!

KingsSpectre

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2021, 09:32:28 AM »
The linking system SUCKS in SSF!  I've 6-linked in 100 fusing but then quit for a year after failing 3000.  Just like the old Aion enchanting system, it can really take the joy out of a new item find.  YAY I found an awesome armor.. crap I've got to 6-link it.  I used to love some of those shape/elder items where you could get two built-in supports in a helm or gloves, but they're not as useful in the current meta.

Hmm.. I'm about to hit maps with 3000hp.  THIS IS FINE.   

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2021, 11:47:03 AM »
I continue to struggle with my next set of gear.  Just went Delving so I can get the 5 link/Socket recipe.  While doing delving it seemed like my Phasing stopped working.  One of the best things about my ascendancy is 100 Onslaught and Phasing.  Yet, sporadically, I was unable to run through monsters.  Died because of it.

There are so many things I like about this game, but there seems like there is an almost equal amount of frustration that comes with this game.

I need this game to drop me a great bow with an open prefix (I think prefix) for the -% enenmy chaos resists.  I want to see how much that will help my character.

Grogs

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2021, 03:42:08 PM »
Easiest way to 5 link is to run haewark region with atlas bonus of Harvest.  The blue plants shit out socket link options and 5 link is really common.  I've been saving them in the Horti station to fix mg breaking items when trying to 6 link.