Author Topic: Mike Ybarra  (Read 62 times)

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
Mike Ybarra
« on: August 04, 2021, 04:44:10 PM »
One of the new coleaders of Blizzard.    Interesting gaming history for him mentioned:
"Ybarra is apparently a huge Blizzard fan. He says he played “every single Blizzard game there ever was” in college, claims to be the biggest Diablo fan that “exists in the world”, and that his love of World of Warcraft almost got him “fired, divorced, starved to death”. Indeed, he reckons he “never took showers” because he “played nothing but World of Warcraft for about the first three years of that game launching”. He eventually decided he needed to “cold turkey that thing”"

Having an actual gamer, a fan and someone who knows whats important and about that old school Blizzard polish should be a great thing moving forward

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 24
    • View Profile
Re: Mike Ybarra
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 05:43:29 PM »
Not sure I agree.  I am not saying that he can't do the job.  But saying that a gamer is what the company needs seems off.  What Blizzard needs is someone to cleanup that cesspool.  You need to bring in accountability, transparency, and how about some human decency.  Again not to say he doesn't have those traits, but on the surface a 'gamer' is not what that company needs to fix things right now.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Mike Ybarra
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 06:09:46 PM »
The cesspool aspect really needs a massive effort by everyone.  There is a hell of a lot of work to do, trust to rebuild, culture to change and all the rest of it.

I was looking at things so they don't have another Warcraft 3 remaster type issue.  I just shared the above as I previously hadn't heard that bit about his background.

In the meantime, I haven't bought remastered, lets see what you all think in a few weeks.