Author Topic: Season 24 - Ethereal Memory  (Read 1516 times)

dave in the basement

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 6
    • View Profile
Season 24 - Ethereal Memory
« on: July 19, 2021, 12:05:27 PM »
So who's in on S24, which kicks off on July 23 (this Friday)? I'm kicking things off with a barbarian, as I dig the IK set among the free sets available to the different characters.

I'm hoping the ethereal drop rates aren't too terrible, so I can ideally push through and find the three eths on each of the character types so I can keep the D2 transmogs across the board.

Anyone else joining the fun this time around?

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 25
    • View Profile
Re: Season 24 - Ethereal Memory
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2021, 02:49:19 PM »
Yeah!  This Friday I will probably start up with a Marauder, with an eye on making him a Chieftain.  Give all the nerfs this is not set in stone.

Oh...wait.  Your talking D3 instead of POE.  :P

The new league in POE is starting this Friday as well.  Odd that both games have a new season starting on the same day.

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2021, 07:23:57 PM »
I thought hell froze over for a minute there.

dave in the basement

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2021, 07:39:53 PM »
Yeah!  This Friday I will probably start up with a Marauder, with an eye on making him a Chieftain.  Give all the nerfs this is not set in stone.

Oh...wait.  Your talking D3 instead of POE.  :P

The new league in POE is starting this Friday as well.  Odd that both games have a new season starting on the same day.

I'm not smart enough for POE, but I intend on bugging you the next time I give it a go. :D

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2021, 08:04:36 PM »
Happy to help anyone with my meager knowledge of POE.

syn

• Cookies: 13
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2021, 07:05:50 PM »
i'll probably go for the new pet (little Kaa!) as per usual and see if i can find a few ethereals. doubt i'll have the patience to find them all. that sounds like having to run a character of each class and that isn't going to happen. i tried dipping my toe in POE after i got tired of the last season of d3. POE did not really grab me and i haven't played it in several weeks.

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2021, 05:58:14 PM »
found the three barb ethereals by paragon level in the 140s. doombringer dropped at level 7 (misremembered. very early, regardless), rode it into the mid 50s. probably far longer than it was actually good for. the other two are both lvl70, dropped within a few minutes of each other. thanks RNG.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 06:00:40 PM by syn »

dave in the basement

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2021, 07:17:15 PM »
found the three barb ethereals by paragon level in the 140s. doombringer dropped at level 7 (misremembered. very early, regardless), rode it into the mid 50s. probably far longer than it was actually good for. the other two are both lvl70, dropped within a few minutes of each other. thanks RNG.

Congrats! I still need a Grandfather, and I really need one! I think I've passed a 95 with Gimmershred (sp?) and Echoing Fury doing a hammer of the ancients build. It's fun and pretty fast, but not as smooth as a whirlwind build.

Thankfully I mastered the IK set dungeon, so I got that dreaded task out of the way. :D

Orbert

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 153
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2021, 12:21:35 AM »
I'm in.  Played a little Multiplayer with Mrs. Orbert yesterday, she's a Monk, I'm a Demon Hunter.  Had a Level 8 Ethereal Buriza drop, which was insane.  Damage increase over her current weapon was over 2000%.  It lasted until Level 43, when an Ethereal Windforce dropped.  Okay, I heard that the drop rates were meant to be somewhat reasonable, like not super-rare.  They want you to actually find and use these ridiculous weapons, but two before Level 70 was crazy.  The Windforce lasted into the 60's, but both its Nephalem Power and Passive were pretty useless, so eventually it gave way to a nice rare.

I held onto them after she hit 70, but I couldn't think of a good reason why.  I salvaged the Buriza and got 45 Death's Breaths.  The Windforce yielded 48 or something.  I hope that wasn't a mistake, salvaging them.  Pretty sweet with the Death's Breaths.  I guess that explains the color.

I didn't read up on the season very much, except that I saw a bit about the Ethereal items.  If I'd known that the Barb set was IK, I probably would've gone with a Barb to get the set and thus the easist Set Dungeon that I know of.  But I haven't gotten to Haedrig's Gifts yet, so I still might.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 12:23:16 AM by Orbert »

dave in the basement

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2021, 07:48:54 PM »
Man, well-rolled ethereals can really bring the pain. I used a crappy eth Grandfather on my barb and struggled to finish a GR100 in like 12 minutes. Shortly thereafter I found a much better Grandfather with good bonus skills and worked my way to the leaderboard, finishing a GR110 in like 10:20. Granted I'm only 915 on the leaderboard, but this is the earliest I've been on the board without running one of the classes that few people started with.  :P

I started a DH so I can start gambling my extra blood shards, but I'm not going to play her until I get to at least p800 and get her needed gems leveled up.

If anyone needs any help with anything, please let me know and I'll be happy to assist. Happy ethereal hunting out there!

Dave

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2021, 06:06:51 PM »
My Demon Hunter got an ethereal Doomslinger shortly after reaching Level 70, so she's having a good time.  Just having that and some of the stuff Haedrig could make her got her going, and she now has both Marauder's and Unhallowed Essence sets and is running Torment XII.  I've intentionally held off on completing Chapter II of the Season Journey, though, until I know for sure that my plan will work.

If I understand things correctly, I can keep playing the Demon Hunter while working through Chapter IV and getting all three Haedrig's gifts.  Then I switch to my Barb, get him to Level 70, and open the gifts.  This will give me the complete IK set for the Barb.  I thought I read that Haedrig's Gifts aren't rolled until they're opened, so the set you get is based on the class you open them with, not the one who earned them.  Is that correct? 

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2021, 06:52:26 PM »
Orbert, according to this you can do that.  I have never done it, so I don't know if it is really true.

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2021, 08:52:36 PM »
Thanks!  I tried to find something like that, but couldn't figure out how to set up the search.  Figured it would be easier to find out here, and was correct. :)

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2021, 07:49:39 AM »
If I understand things correctly, I can keep playing the Demon Hunter while working through Chapter IV and getting all three Haedrig's gifts.  Then I switch to my Barb, get him to Level 70, and open the gifts.  This will give me the complete IK set for the Barb.  I thought I read that Haedrig's Gifts aren't rolled until they're opened, so the set you get is based on the class you open them with, not the one who earned them.  Is that correct?

yes.

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2021, 04:06:16 PM »
Update: It worked! :)