Author Topic: Season 24 - Ethereal Memory  (Read 2187 times)

Orbert

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 153
    • View Profile
Re: Season 24 - Ethereal Memory
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2021, 03:36:00 PM »
Thanks.  Yeah, right now I'm trying to kill Queen Aranae in 30 seconds or less.  I tried several times with my DH, Googled it, found out I should be using my HoTA Barb, which is what my IK Barb ended up being.  So... next time.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 03:37:45 PM by Orbert »

Cluck Kent

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 28, 2021, 11:57:23 AM »
Hey Orbert, not a fan of random set dungeons either. I have found Nat's to be the easiest DH set dungeon. I usually get the mastery on the first or second try.

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 28, 2021, 02:41:27 PM »
Ha ha, I actually finished Nat's set first, but didn't think to try her Set Dungeon.  I guess I got M6 and UE stuck in my head because I play those builds.  I rarely play the Nat's build.  I should check it out sometime.

Cluck Kent

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 06, 2021, 07:02:39 PM »
Yesterday, Sunday, as I was waiting for the Season on America server to hit 8:00est and end the season, I decide to skip over to the Asia server and clean up as the season would have already been over on that server. Low and behold, it appears that the season is still on!? Weird, but okay maybe something is something and I'm just not aware of it so I load my DH. I had already done a major purge of all my items and specifically my ethereals because they won't transfer over and they are worth many mats when salvaged so I wasn't surprised to discover that while my char was fully dressed in the Gears set, she had no weapon. I must have salvaged it. However, when I open my stash it is completely empty - no gems, no money no nothing. Now this was definitely odd because I knew for 100% certainty that I had not salvaged my gems because I never do. And no paragon either.

I was in T16 with no paragon, no shards, no money, no gems or items, no mats. So I jumped on the TP and headed out to see if anything else was strange. I had no weapon, but I figured I could kick a few corpses, open a few chests and hopefully find a bow. I arrived at the Bridge of Korsikk waypoint and off to the side is a corpse. I kick it and out pops an ethereal bow and it has the special property my build requires. Unbelievable. I mean so unbelievable. I equip it and go kill some stuff just to make sure it's real. It's real alright and in my head I'm thinking, well then it really must still be the season. But clearly something did not compute. I ran a GR100 with it and still couldn't believe it. Everything playwise was normal.

So I got out of the game and loaded my seasonal Wiz. Likewise, she had no weapon and again I wasn't 100% sure if I'd salvaged it or if it had been salvaged as part of the season turnover. I immediately went to the Bridge of Korsikk waypoint and again the corpse was there. I kicked it and a rare something dropped. No ethereal that time.

I got out of the game and exited Diablo. I then went to the Europe server and discovered that the season was over. I exited again and went back to Asia and lo and behold, the season was over. I loaded up my DH and sure enough, the ethereal had actually migrated over to non season. And it worked because I tried it of course. Absolutely strange but true, I'd be happy to show anyone in an MP game. Strangest thing that has ever happened to me in any Diablo I've played.

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 06, 2021, 11:21:55 PM »
That's wacky!  It sounds like some kind of bug, but I'm not sure what kind of bug.  Since ethereals weren't supposed to drop once the season was over, they didn't program anything other than making sure they vanished.  But since one somehow dropped and it's not a season, you get to keep it?

Cluck Kent

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 09, 2021, 02:39:01 PM »
Wacky for sure Orbert. Bear in mind when I logged onto the Asia server, it showed like it was still in season. The Green leaf was up in the top right corner, I recall being surprised that it hadn't turned over. For some reason, the game sort of thought it was still in season.

Just logged in again and sure enough, it's gone. Not surprised, but bummer.

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2021, 02:44:53 PM »
Ah, it got cleaned up after all.  Someone ran a "just in case" program and caught all of them that might've somehow still been out there.