Author Topic: Season 23: Follow You, Follow Me  (Read 857 times)

Dust

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Season 23: Follow You, Follow Me
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2021, 02:53:36 AM »

You people are bunch of philistines.   :P

I still don't get the link to D3 / Tristram, sorry to say

syn

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 13
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2021, 08:24:33 AM »
Wait, no Stash Tab as a reward this season?  The pets are cool, but I'm usually in it for the Stash Tab.

if you haven't already earned the maximum number of tabs, you can still get another one. i don't remember what the max number of extra tabs is.

Orbert

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2021, 02:40:27 PM »
Hmm, maybe I maxxed out.  I assumed I hadn't because until recently, I only did the Season Journey through the first four Chapters, to get the full set gift.  Going on and doing Conquests and becoming a Slayer or Conqueror or something was for the "serious" players.

At some point, I realized that I'm apparently serious enough to try it, but I think I've only picked up two or three Stash Tabs since I started doing it.

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2021, 02:56:16 PM »

You people are bunch of philistines.   :P

I still don't get the link to D3 / Tristram, sorry to say

I titled this thread "Follow You, Follow Me" because this Season is all about changes and upgrades to the Followers.

"Follow You, Follow Me" was a song by Genesis, their first big hit (in the U.S. anyway).

Genesis started as a prog band, and Peter Gabriel was the original singer.  They only started scoring hits after Gabriel left and the band started moving in a more pop direction.  For a while, it was common to distinguish between Gabriel-era Genesis and Post-Gabriel Genesis, as hardcore fans swore the band wasn't the same.

Sssith's joke about "post Peter Gabriel Genesis" was a reference to the song, which has the same title as this thread.  He would play the concert at Tristram Cathedral because that's where it all started, just as Peter Gabriel started with Genesis.

Personally, I find the "arguments" about band lineups a bit silly.  Gabriel was with Genesis for five years.  They made some great music during that time, and also in the many years since then.  Yes fans have similar hangups about original singer Jon Anderson, who is an asshole and will likely never return to the band because he's quit so many times and no one in the current band wants to deal with his shit.  Drama is one of my favorite Yes albums, and Anderson isn't on it because he'd quit.  Same thing with Pink Floyd.  Lots of folks swear it was all about Roger Waters.  Waters sucks as a bass player and is a mediocre singer at best; he's admitted this himself.  But he was the "mastermind" behind all their great concept albums in the 70's.  AC/DC with or without Bon Scott, Styx with or without Dennis DeYoung, the list goes on and on...

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2021, 09:21:13 PM »
Okay, I wasn't reading the Rewards stuff correctly.  The Stash Tab is listed as a reward.  I just have to do another Conquest.  I'm going to get cheesy and just do Avarice.  Five big gold chests so far, 26 to go.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2021, 04:30:14 AM »
Should I just salvage everything not ancient at least out of season?

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2021, 11:30:17 AM »
That's what I do nowadays.  Anything that's not ancient, I figure I probably already have one, and a better one at that.  And even if the newer one is a little better, how often am I going to go back to non-seasonal and play that character, that build, and really care that the new item gives me 0.7% better damage?  Even ancient stuff, if it's for a build I know I'll never run, I recycle it.  It's saves a lot of time, and again, I rarely go back and play non-seasonal anymore anyway.

dave in the basement

• Cookies: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2021, 03:00:15 PM »
Should I just salvage everything not ancient at least out of season?

Absolutely, in my opinion, unless it has some amazing rolls.

I haven't been able to get myself to fire up D3 since I played the D2R alpha, but I'm hoping to change that this week. I still need to do one of the stinkin' wizard set dungeons to progress in the ol' seasonal journey, which isn't helping my desire to head back to D3.  :P

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2021, 04:27:51 PM »
Set Dungeons are so annoying.  Mrs. Orbert has gotten good enough at D3 to where she's finally going past Chapters 1-4 and into Conqueror, Slayer, whatever they are.  First thing she asked me about was Set Dungeons.  I told her not to bother, but if she gets everything else done, I can help her out.

I always do the IK Set Dungeon, period.  It's the only one I don't completely hate, and the only one I can master.  I'm pretty sure those two things are related.

Five more Bounties and I'll have enough chests for Avarice, which gets me the Stash Tab on Americas.  I'm not quite as far on Europe.  Started with the Barb and have IK pretty well geared, already mastered the dungeon, but haven't haven't been to the Vault yet.  I hate the ones that rely on pure luck.  I'll probably get to Greed eventually, probably via Puzzle Ring, but it's really harshing my enthusiasm to keep going, knowing that it could all be for naught unless the RNG gods smile on me.  I'm okay with doing things that require perserverence and/or actual skill.  I hate putting effort into things that might go to waste if not for some chance event happening.

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2021, 11:03:01 PM »
Well, that problem's solved.  It occurred to me that I'm going to collect a lot of Blood Shards while levelling a gem to 50 just so I can get the achievement for augmenting an Ancient Something, so I figured I'd gamble Rings until I got a Puzzle Ring.  Two batches of Shards later, I got one.  Killed Greed on T13, got the gem to 50, now I just my second Conquest on Europe.

Just for shits and giggles, I tried Speed Demon a few times.  Finish a Torment 10 Rift in two minutes or less.  That's insane.  I think it takes more than two minutes just to physically run through a Nephalem Rift, let alone kill things.  So it looks like I'll go for Avarice again.

syn

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 13
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2021, 07:27:20 PM »
I tried Speed Demon a few times.  Finish a Torment 10 Rift in two minutes or less.  That's insane.  I think it takes more than two minutes just to physically run through a Nephalem Rift, let alone kill things.  So it looks like I'll go for Avarice again.

speed demon is really just fishing for the right rift and having the willpower not to pick anything up. I'd never gotten this one before this season, but got it after a few tries with my WW barb. probably be quite doable with a number of DH and WD builds as well.

next time you need avarice, strongly recommend leveling boon of the hoarder to 50 and then running cows. then you can burn the gem to check that achievement off the list as well. faster than the cache method, imo. i ticked over 200M doing that (t13 or 16, i can't remember), with no special gear beyond the gem. there are a couple other areas that are good for it too if you haven't managed to get the bovine bardiche, but by the time the achievement becomes important, you'll more than likely have several of those.

i really liked this patch with the follower upgrades. I'd still be playing if stellaris hadn't released new DLC a week after d3 did.

Melchior

• Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2021, 01:37:48 AM »
Well, I am all done with the season.

Finished off with Boss Mode conquest and the T13 Rift in 4 min one this morning.

Overall this season felt very brief. Either I am getting quicker at doing the journey or power creep is making it need less grind to achieve.

Lacuni Cub is a cute pet though :)

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2021, 02:01:19 PM »
Got mine this morning.

I had this whole writeup prepared about how I've never bothered going all the way to Guardian before, and then discovered that I actually did it last Season and totally forgot I'd done it.  Oh well.  So I guess I've done it a few times now.

I guess all those "advanced" things like Conquests and all the stuff that comes after Chapter 4 aren't that advanced any more.  I can actually do them.

I agree with Melchior, though, power creep has definitely made things easier than they used to be.

dave in the basement

• Cookies: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2021, 07:24:27 PM »
Got back from vacation a couple nights ago to discover the season is still going, so I'm going to abandon my wizard and go with a barbarian to knock out the entire season journey. I still have a long way to go, so we'll see what happens. :)

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2021, 11:33:12 PM »
Do it!