General Category > The Argument Chamber

Election thread

<< < (2/8) > >>

syn:
probably a formality at this point, but there really is no republican party anymore.

Pixie:

--- Quote from: syn on August 24, 2020, 06:25:12 PM ---probably a formality at this point, but there really is no republican party anymore.

--- End quote ---

Yeah. What's going to happen, I think, is that disaffected republicans are going to become democrats, pushing the democratic party right/center, and then the dem party will split off and our next two party system will be democrats vs progressives.

This is a thing that has happened several times in US history...

Dust:

--- Quote from: syn on August 24, 2020, 06:25:12 PM ---probably a formality at this point, but there really is no republican party anymore.

--- End quote ---

Wow.

Kasferatu:

--- Quote from: Pixie on August 24, 2020, 08:41:39 PM ---

--- End quote ---

Yeah. What's going to happen, I think, is that disaffected republicans are going to become democrats, pushing the democratic party right/center, and then the dem party will split off and our next two party system will be democrats vs progressives.

--- End quote ---

Democrats vs progressives would be way better than alt-right scumbags vs Democrats.

Sssith:

--- Quote from: Dust on August 25, 2020, 04:34:23 AM ---

--- End quote ---

Wow.

--- End quote ---

Agreed.  Just insane that Republicans think this is ok.

--- Quote from: Kasferatu on August 25, 2020, 05:12:10 AM ---
--- Quote from: Pixie on August 24, 2020, 08:41:39 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Democrats vs progressives would be way better than alt-right scumbags vs Democrats.

--- End quote ---

I would love to see this happen but there are so many things that will make things different from the last time this happened. I would expect a sub republican group to splinter off and try to take over the brand.  Much in the way that the Tea Party has over the last ten years.

http://www.liberalparty.org/LPofNY/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/TimelineofImportantUSPoliticalParties.pdf

That is a listing of political parties in the US.  There really haven't been that many given the age of the country.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version