Tech & Gadgets > PCs

A New Desktop PC & Monitor

(1/3) > >>

D2Addict:
Well I finally replaced my old desktop computer that was over 11 years old. I found a really good deal on this and I had bought a gaming monitor around Christmas to go with it. Obviously there is a big difference in performance.  :)

Dell XPS 8930
9th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 9400 (6-Core, 9MB Cache, up to 4.1GHz with Intel(R) Turbo Boost Technology)
Windows 10 Home (64bit) English
NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GTX 1660Ti 6GB GDDR6
Special Edition Silver Plastic Bezel Chassis (460W)
8GB 1x8GB DDR4 2666MHz
256GB PCIe x4 SSD + 1TB 7200RPM HDD
Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 (2x2) and Bluetooth 5.0
Tray load DVD Drive (Reads and Writes to DVD/CD)
Integrated with WAVE MAXXAudio Pro 1

Dell Gaming S2716DGR 27.0"
Optimal resolution: 2560 x 1440 at 144Hz
Contrast Ratio: 1000: 1 (typical)
Brightness:350 cd/m2 (typical)
Response Time:1 ms FAST Mode
Viewing Angle: 160° vertical / 170° horizontal
Display Screen Coating: Anti-Glare with 3H hardness
Audio Output:1 x Audio line-out, 1 x Headphone port
Connectivity 1 HDMI 1.4 connector, 1 DP 1.2 connector, 4 x USB3.0, 1 x Audio Line-out), 1 x Headphone port
Stand Tilt. Height Adjustable, Swivel, Pivot and built-in cable management

I saw the post about anti virus and have been using Panda. I bought and am using Malwarebytes. I have been happy with it catching a lot of things before both on the computer and my phone.

Pixie:
*thumbs up* New toys are always fun!

Gonna recommend you grab another 8gb stick of RAM that matches that one, though. You want two (or four) sticks so they run in dual-channel mode (faster), plus 8gb is now the bare minimum, with 16 being the standard for most users. :)

D2Addict:

--- Quote from: Pixie on May 10, 2020, 10:57:01 PM ---*thumbs up* New toys are always fun!

Gonna recommend you grab another 8gb stick of RAM that matches that one, though. You want two (or four) sticks so they run in dual-channel mode (faster), plus 8gb is now the bare minimum, with 16 being the standard for most users. :)

--- End quote ---
Actually I was going to mention I planned to add another 8GB memory to it possibly more. :) I got a good deal but they wouldn't let you change much and they wanted too much for memory anyway.

Sssith:
Pretty sweet.  I hope you enjoy.

mn4nu:
Congrats D2A.  Nice looking setup you have.  Like Pixie said, definitely get some more RAM.  Newegg has sales on PC components all the time.  Sign up for their newsletter so you get the promo codes.  Totally worth it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version