Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 12333 times)

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #195 on: April 27, 2021, 04:09:48 PM »
India sounds just awful. If you have a car crash and need to get to the hospital then there are no beds. Oxygen sounding over 10x normal price on black market.

Partly their govt not planning. And seeing mass mass gatherings with religious ceremonies the virus is going nuts.

In my country we are at 1% vaccinated which is shit compared to oecd. I won’t be elegible till July with most of the population

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 27, 2021, 05:32:26 PM »
I got my 2nd dose of Pfizer on Sunday.  Sore and achy on Monday, but feel 100% today.  My wife got J&J a couple of months back (she's a teacher) and had a bad couple of days after getting it.  My oldest daughter got J&J at college a few weeks ago and passed out.  My son gets his 2nd Pfizer dose in about a week and a half.  Our youngest (14 yrs) has to wait until they open it up to below 16.

I also don't understand the people who won't get vaccinated.  It's mostly the same morons who whine about things not opening up and those who don't wear masks.

Cluck Kent

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 27, 2021, 06:41:09 PM »
And those that voted for the orangutan and believe in the conspiracy theories. It always the same people.

Canada has been slow to vaccinate and here in Ontario I think it's been worse. First only the older group and then healthcare workers and now hard hit areas. We have been in high isolation for 14 months now and even after we get our shots, our personal protocols will still require isolation until the covid numbers are squashed so we're not concerned that it still could be a couple of months for us. Not at all happy about how our government has handled this 3rd wave, or maybe more correctly - tsunami. Buffoons. 

Silverthorn

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 04, 2021, 10:08:11 AM »
Got my first dose of Pfizer today. We'll see how it goes with the side effects, I don't expect much trouble. Normal flu shots have never given me any complaints.

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 04, 2021, 04:03:47 PM »
The first one is not so bad.  The second is nothing like a flu shot.  That said Pfizer seems to be milder than the others.  But some people have a rough time with it.  I felt lousy for one day.

Pixie

• Administrator
  • Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 04, 2021, 04:18:20 PM »
Got my 2nd pfizer shot yesterday. Arm a bit sore, but nothing else.

Godji

• Cookies: 1
  • Hatter than the Hat Madder
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 10, 2021, 09:06:19 AM »
It took a bit more time to ramp up here in Quebec, but it's finally here, every few days they lower the age target and I am now getting my first shot this Friday.

Disco-neck Ted

• Cookies: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 16, 2021, 10:58:17 PM »
Got my second Pfizer dose a month ago.  So far the microchip has been disappointing.  It's cool that I don't need the garage-door opener any more, but I did NOT need to know that the 'fridge was looking for a threeway with the microwave and the toaster.

syn

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 13
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 25, 2021, 05:19:42 PM »
MN state senate leader is threatening a government shutdown if his amendment forgiving fines against businesses that broke covid rules isn't passed. yes, he's a republican.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 25, 2021, 07:10:42 PM »
our vaccine rollout is one of the slowest in the OECD https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/300334291/covid19-vaccine-update-tiny-sliver-of-over65s-fully-vaccinated-half-of-highrisk-group-not-fully-jabbed

last weekend a guy flew over from Sydney who later found out to have the Delta variant.  My region is currently going oh shit and waiting to see what happens.

infected guy had taken one dose of the vaccine a while back, but visited a lot of places, some very packed ones.

Sumendar

• Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 27, 2021, 07:55:25 AM »
our vaccine rollout is one of the slowest in the OECD https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/300334291/covid19-vaccine-update-tiny-sliver-of-over65s-fully-vaccinated-half-of-highrisk-group-not-fully-jabbed

last weekend a guy flew over from Sydney who later found out to have the Delta variant.  My region is currently going oh shit and waiting to see what happens.

infected guy had taken one dose of the vaccine a while back, but visited a lot of places, some very packed ones.

We're doing a bit better on the vaccinations here, with around 80% of those aged 75+ fully vaccinated and the 70-74 and 65-69 age groups at roughly 50% and 25% double dose. Single dose rates are closing in on 60% of the who population.

But I wish we had problems in the scale of "a single person infected with delta came from abroad". https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/thl_120_confirmed_coronavirus_infections_linked_to_st_petersburg_travel/11998464 That's over 10% of the returning soccer tourists that were tested at the border before the testing capacity ran out and they had to let almost half of them through untested.
And this happens JUST as we were about to sigh in relief as the numbers had gone down enough to remove most of the restrictions. FML