Tech & Gadgets > Other Tech Toys

VR

<< < (5/5)

Timinator:
Darkness, swap your gaming chair for a commode and you are good to go!  I hadn't heard about the Microsoft VR, that sounds like an interesting compromise. lets hope some marketing fools at Microsoft don't cripple it and say "hey lets make this only work with things bought on the Windows Store!

You know they do crap like that that can be a real deal breaker.  Eg https://www.polygon.com/2017/8/21/16180714/age-of-empires-4-pc-relic-entertainment-definitive-edition " It will be available exclusively on Windows 10 in the Windows Store. "

my pc is 7 years old and counting, has the very first gen i5 CPU and a 1GB graphics card.  New FPS games want 2GB minimum.  I've got some running, but need to turn everything right down to low.

I'll be reading up to see what I can find though!

Darkness:

--- Quote from: Timinator on October 26, 2017, 02:56:14 PM ---Darkness, swap your gaming chair for a commode and you are good to go!  I hadn't heard about the Microsoft VR, that sounds like an interesting compromise. lets hope some marketing fools at Microsoft don't cripple it and say "hey lets make this only work with things bought on the Windows Store!

--- End quote ---

It will be working with Steam by the start of 2018 apparently. I think MS have learned that if they want this to be used by the "mass market" then the peripheral has to be usable with the software the mass market is using.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version