Author Topic: Greetings!  (Read 5966 times)

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings!
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2019, 04:26:44 PM »
D3 is definitely better than PoE by epic miles, but it's no D2. :(

Hey Pixie!  Don't get me wrong I played my fair share of D3 and enjoyed it.  PoE is substantially better now than it was when I last played in the early 2010's!

It's impressive that they add some new mechanic every 3 months with a new league, and the expansion coming up on the 13/12 looks quite good.

PoE still have gender-locked classes, which no game in 2019 should have? :P

Grogs

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2019, 02:25:56 AM »
Haha, yeah that is true!

I did hear that PoE 2 is going to have a micro trans to fix that!

Disco-neck Ted

• Cookies: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2020, 12:43:36 AM »
The awesomeness in this thread could not be contained in a soulstone shoved unceremoniously into the chest of Tal Rasha! 

Plus, screw that guy.  What was he even thinking?!?  Couldn't he have just interred that old rock with Baal's essence inside down under the sofa cushions where it would never be discovered until long after that divan went to the curb and was clandestinely heisted before the Goodwill truck could arrive to claim its bounty?

Then the Lord of Destruction would have found himself manifesting in the body of a kid riding a Big Wheel through the shoe aisle of some bootleg thrift store.

But I (massively) digress.  The plan was to keep in touch here but that went spinning out of control due to a combination of things.  First, I don't have enough words to express how much I value SSB's presence in the D2 landscape.  I'm in debt not simply for the 1.07 MP games but because we were both living in the same state for a number of years and I did NOTHING to capitalize.  Now he is off in Texas and I'm wishing it were otherwise except *corona* so maybe in a few years we can meet in person?  And, yeah, that is enough to stall my brain even without having D2A, MN4U and the rest of the outstanding list of people responding to my humble thread.  You guys are the best!

Second, until recently, we've had satellite internet.  Latencies around 390 MS and response times that make you shave between page loads.  There hasn't been anything fun about being online for a while, but we literally just got on board with a new service beaming microwave internet directly at one of our chimneys. Yes!

See you around.  I mean it.

Liquid Evil

• Cookies: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2020, 09:24:39 PM »
When DNT posts, I say hi. Hi.

How's life? The kid? Whatever else you're doing?

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2020, 09:32:24 AM »
Good to hear from you DNT!  Mircowave Internet?  Does it make popcorn too?

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2020, 07:08:41 PM »
Hello again DnT!

Disco-neck Ted

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2020, 11:43:12 PM »
Fuckin-A!  Pardon the crudity, but there are enthusiastic-type peoples here and I just want to say, me too!

Sssith, microwave internet does not cause popcorn, but it does get latency down from the high 300s to forty-something.  We're out of town and out of our minds, so no clue if that is close to a good glass fibre number or not, but it is SO much better than the satellite connection that we had.

Liquid Evil (That's MISTER doctor Liquid Evil to you, sir!), my son is 7 now and the home-schooling is going pretty well.  One unbelievably great thing we have to help outlast the self-imposed isolation in the time of the coronavirus is a pool.  Up until a week ago, we were in the water just about every day.  This has a hidden benefit because the wife unit has not previously seen the upside of a cement pond, but it has practically been a requirement for maintaining sanity. 
Um.  There might also be a gigantor floating pineapple.

How are you faring in your goal to kick ass at life?  I find that aim inspiring!

Jeff, I hope all is well with you.  Always enjoyed our Diablo conversations.  Where are you now?  What's new, amigo?

My son describes my covid hair as "silver blond" (with a minimum of coaching) and, despite being buzzed down to the scalp in December, it is now well into my eyes.  I have a set of clippers, so no excuses, but am thinking of growing it out until there's a vaccine, or at least until we have a new administration.

Cheers!

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2020, 08:39:51 AM »
Ha.  40ish is hyper good.  I did some reading after your post and there are some real limitation because of line of sight but in optimal conditions it is faster than fiber.  Plus popcorn.   :P

Liquid Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2020, 07:08:29 PM »
Liquid Evil (That's MISTER doctor Liquid Evil to you, sir!), my son is 7 now and the home-schooling is going pretty well.  One unbelievably great thing we have to help outlast the self-imposed isolation in the time of the coronavirus is a pool.  Up until a week ago, we were in the water just about every day.  This has a hidden benefit because the wife unit has not previously seen the upside of a cement pond, but it has practically been a requirement for maintaining sanity. 
Um.  There might also be a gigantor floating pineapple.

How are you faring in your goal to kick ass at life?  I find that aim inspiring!

It's a good goal because as long as I'm trying, I usually can at least get life's shins. Your pool sounds cool, but I'm sure it would have frozen over and broke important and/or essential pool parts if it were located in my backyard. I suppose I could enclose it...and I already have that collection of pool noodles for unrelated reasons...Yeah. Now I've convinced myself. How much to transport your pool and its contents to my neck of the woods?

I keep busy with the fam. I've got two little Evils running about these days. I build out the occasional fight stick or arcade cabinet or something for kicks. And I've embraced fighting games pretty hard (D2 PvP was a good first step I guess), so when I can't kick life's ass, I take it online to try my hand at kicking someone else's. But yeah, that's me in a nutshell I guess. Now where's my pool quote.

Dust

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2020, 06:58:12 AM »
Get a flashback in ya!

Liquid Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2020, 11:49:28 AM »
Oh wow, that's awesome! I think the context was addicted2macs drew the three top finishers in a PvP tourney. He had to do a different take on the Shako for each character since all the gear was fairly standard. I had a colored version of that saved, but old HD gave up the ghost, so it's really cool to see it again. Thanks for posting, Dust!

Reigns

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 4
  • Parsley Boy, mark 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2020, 04:32:20 PM »
I think I remember that pic...
Reigns

SBNVL  = Snicker, But Not Very Loudly
(Gravity is a myth, the Earth sucks.)

GO STEELERS!!!  Let's Go Pens!!!

Disco-neck Ted

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2020, 09:43:48 PM »

It's a good goal because as long as I'm trying, I usually can at least get life's shins. Your pool sounds cool, but I'm sure it would have frozen over and broke important and/or essential pool parts if it were located in my backyard. I suppose I could enclose it...and I already have that collection of pool noodles for unrelated reasons...Yeah. Now I've convinced myself. How much to transport your pool and its contents to my neck of the woods?

I keep busy with the fam. I've got two little Evils running about these days. I build out the occasional fight stick or arcade cabinet or something for kicks. And I've embraced fighting games pretty hard (D2 PvP was a good first step I guess), so when I can't kick life's ass, I take it online to try my hand at kicking someone else's. But yeah, that's me in a nutshell I guess. Now where's my pool quote.

Little Evils?  Awwwww!  Your tough and manly street-fighter cred won't be in any way reduced if you share details.

As for the pic from Dust, that's awesome!  That guy comes through in a big way.  One more on a lonnnng list of Diablo II players that I'm indebted to.

Circling back to the pool, you may not have mine.  I live in the desert and it's the only water for miles.  Get yer own.

Liquid Evil

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2020, 01:03:34 PM »

Little Evils?  Awwwww!  Your tough and manly street-fighter cred won't be in any way reduced if you share details.

Of course! They are 2 and 4.5, and we're expecting another in May. They definitely make the passage of time more obvious, but they are fun and it's been cool to see their personalities come out as they outgrow the baby/toddler stages. The older one likes Transformers, riding his bike, and playing Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair. The younger likes cookies, pickles, and playing pretend cooking games. [/details shared]

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2020, 02:22:30 PM »