Games > Diablo (now with Diablo 4 Hype)

Dumb questions thread

<< < (8/8)

TheMikrobe:
Ok, another one: "chance on". What is the chance? I guess it varies between item or skill, but my attitude is that if the game doesn't tell me the it is too low to make a difference. Probably unfair but D3 is exceptionally uninformative on these things.

The specific thing that made me ask the question is Ahavarion "chance on killing demon to gain a random shrine effect". I didn't expect to use it permanently but just testing I killed a lot of demons and got nothing so it's consigned to the useless category, but there are plenty of other things that are potentially useful with the same description.

Orbert:
I like the Fear potion.  It just seems to make the most sense.  If I'm hurt enough to where I need to drink a Healing potion, there's a good chance that it's because I'm surrounded by bad guys and can't take them all on, so casting Fear on everything around me buys me some time to escape.

I know Amplification is popular, but I've never quite understood the healing "from all sources" thing.  It sounds like healing from other players, as in a multiplayer game, but since I rarely if ever multiplay, that doesn't seem like it would do me any good.  If the healing from my Templar counts, that's good, but only if he happens to do it in the next five seconds, so once again it doesn't seem very useful.

I've never liked the "chance on" effects where they don't tell you what the % chance actually is.

syn:

--- Quote from: Orbert on May 21, 2017, 08:06:47 AM ---I like the Fear potion.

--- End quote ---

me too. i've used the teleport potion a few times as well. the change in position can be a lifesaver and i haven't had it backfire (yet).

Supermatt:

--- Quote from: Orbert on May 21, 2017, 08:06:47 AM ---I know Amplification is popular, but I've never quite understood the healing "from all sources" thing.  It sounds like healing from other players, as in a multiplayer game, but since I rarely if ever multiplay, that doesn't seem like it would do me any good.  If the healing from my Templar counts, that's good, but only if he happens to do it in the next five seconds, so once again it doesn't seem very useful.

--- End quote ---

My assumption is that ilife from other sources inclues increases healing from Life per second, Life on Hit, health globe bonus life, life per resource spent etc and that's why I use it.

Orbert:
Interesting.  I didn't even think of those.  Maybe I'll try one out more seriously next time I find one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version