Author Topic: Dumb questions thread  (Read 7214 times)

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 16
    • View Profile
Dumb questions thread
« on: April 22, 2017, 03:49:41 AM »
Are primal ancients account bound or per character?

Lego

• Administrator
  • THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 10
    • View Profile
Re: Dumb questions thread
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2017, 04:35:00 AM »
Barbarian - better to use 1 high damage two handed weapon or two semi-high one handers that more or less equal it combined?

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2017, 04:58:18 AM »
I'd suggest 2h, at your point you'll be getting new gear upgrades regularly. It's very quick and easy to swap gear and skills. I'm not sure if you have the armoury. It helps you swap gear sets. Try a big ruby in gear for +damage

Cluck Kent

• Cookies: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 08:37:49 PM »
Are primal ancients account bound or per character?

Exactly the same as other legendaries. Account bound but can be traded in game with co-players for two hours.

SideSBob

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 08:55:03 PM »
Barbarian - better to use 1 high damage two handed weapon or two semi-high one handers that more or less equal it combined?

It depends on the main skill, Lego.  For most skills, a 2-hander is optimal
(e.g., Furious Charge, Rend, Seismic Slam, Hammer of the Ancients,
Ancient Spear with the Boulder Toss rune).

For Whirlwind, Frenzy and other fast primary skill based attacks go
with 2 1-handers.

A sword and board style tends to not be a factor in barb play.

Lego

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2017, 12:12:51 PM »
Thanks mate. Right now I am indeed running a Seismic Slam based character. I've found one piece of kit that gives +341% damage, one that gives +84%, and one that gives +10%. So far my strategy for the game is to A) find mob B) Swing hurty thing C) if that's not satisfying, hit Siesmic Slam and watch entire mob including bosses and yellows die. Very, very occasionally I need to repeat C.

Orbert

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 153
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2017, 09:36:36 AM »
Cluckeye - Chance to cluck when attacking.

Okay seriously, what?  Does "clucking" do anything?

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 10:16:21 AM »
Do you have the sound on?

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2017, 12:05:55 PM »
Yes.  I've heard the clucking sound; I just wondered if it did anything.  Like... I don't know, boosted a stat or did something to the monsters.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2017, 12:09:30 PM »
Have you ever equipped pig sticker? Squeal! Blizzard trolling I think

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2017, 12:54:00 PM »
Same thing.  I always meant to ask if the Squeal did anything either.  Yeah, it's most likely just Blizzard being silly.

I figured out how to turn off the voices, but I kinda like having the sound on, with the volume a bit lower.  I listen to music while I play Diablo, so no music, no voices, just the sound effects from the game.  To me, things going boom and monsters howling is part of the fun.  But the Clucking and the Squealing are annoying enough for me to never want to equip them.  Once in a while, a sub-70 character finds one on the way up, and it's the best weapon they have so I'll use it, but I'm honestly relieved when they outgrow it and I don't have to listen to it anymore.

Lego

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2017, 01:03:39 PM »
I started a Seasonal Monk last night. I'm not sure what the best way to get started and level, etc... is. I dicked around and did some bounties and a rift, then started a campaign, then quit it. Advice? I was wondering if I should campaign once for levels and l00t, then do bounties, rifts, etc? I'm not remotely interested in being competitive, just having fun.

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2017, 01:28:43 PM »
Don't play campaign mode, just play adventure mode.  Nobody plays campaign anymore.  I did a combination of rifts and bounties to get to lvl 70.  Play in public games too, if you can.  At this point in the season though, there may not be a whole lot of those to join.  You can also get a power level to 70 from the GO clan members if you don't want to play up to lvl 70.  Leveling is pretty easy though and getting to 70 does not take too long anymore.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2017, 02:08:49 PM »
He plays Xbox. No go clan to join. Online may be filled with hackers from what I've heard. I've also played campaign far to much and will only play it once more for necro. Otherwise just adventure mode for me. How is your barb now?

For me seasons have two main good things going. Stash tab but that can be quite a bit of work if you don't have help. Second: do 4 chapters and get a full set of gear. This really changes things and you can handle torment 6 difficulty just with that. I'd preservere till you can get this. It's really worth it. Small goals first. You can go big later

Supermatt

• Cookies: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2017, 08:41:46 PM »
Dumbish question from me for the Barb experts: what is the difference between the IK and Raekor variants of the IK/Raekor 6/4 builds?

I'm playing Barb this season and hunting an RoRG so that I can play IK/Raekor. I've already managed to roll an Ancient IK weapon...