Games > Mass Effect

Still a Mess

(1/3) > >>

Sssith:
I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Overall this game is still a mess.  I was expecting for things to be somewhat cleaned up.  The game is horribly laggy when I am in the Tempest.  Quests are still funky and a bit out of wack. 

At this point I am powering through the game so I can finish it.  The, as it is right now, is the best it is every going to be.  Such a waste.  They took the good name of Mass Effect and pissed all over it.  The idea of Andromeda was interesting and had potential.

At this point I have almost finished three of the main areas, Voeld, Haarval, and Eos.  Not sure how much of the game is left but I would like to finish it.

maxbeedo:
Good luck with finishing it.  I haven't picked it up after hearing they weren't going to bother fixing it.  I'm hoping Anthem will "succeed marginally", as in do just well enough to keep them afloat, but not good enough to have them spend 3-4-5 years on it, as I'm rather looking forward to DA4.

Pixie:
I just restarted this this weekend, having abandoned it about halfway through last time. I am not finding the "mess" myself. Or anything that I would describe as "lag" - it runs at a 100% unfaltering 60fps at 1440p for me. There's some minor things that could be improved if they'd spent more time on the polishing stage, but overall I think it's pretty good. It's actually clicking pretty well for me this time. Maybe I'll finish it (ok, probably not since I have 2300 games and get distracted easily... LOL).

Sssith:
The lag on the tempest is god awful.  A lot of people get with no clue what is causing it.

There are all sorts of things that aren't right with how the game flows. 

And then there are stupid things like every time I open the mining window it gets explained to me.  The game is full of moments like that.

And yes...they have abandoned this game.  A sad end to Mass Effect.

I am not holding my breath for Anthem.  It seems they had these grand ideas for a Mass Effect styles Left for Dead multiplayer.  Now it seems they  are trying to add single player to it.

Pixie:

--- Quote from: Sssith on April 30, 2018, 11:07:54 PM ---The lag on the tempest is god awful.  A lot of people get with no clue what is causing it.
--- End quote ---

:( Weird. Unfortunate. Haven't seen it.

--- Quote ---There are all sorts of things that aren't right with how the game flows. 
--- End quote ---

Yeah, could be. There's a "recommended optimal" path of progress put together by some folks at Reddit that works to make the game flow smooth (in terms of quests and all that), eliminating a lot of the disjointedness that people complain about, and maximizes the chances of actually beating the game by moving a lot of fluff content to the epilogue when you can faff about to your heart's content. I'd post the specifics, but it might be mildly spoilery? Anyway, it's the approach I'm taking this time. It seems promising.

--- Quote ---And yes...they have abandoned this game.  A sad end to Mass Effect.
--- End quote ---

"End" is a bit of a stretch. They did declare this one done but I'm extremely dubious it's the end of Mass Effect as a franchise.  Unless Anthem bombs and EA shutters Bioware over it.

--- Quote ---I am not holding my breath for Anthem.  It seems they had these grand ideas for a Mass Effect styles Left for Dead multiplayer.  Now it seems they  are trying to add single player to it.
--- End quote ---

I haven't paid a whit of attention to it, but people I know who follow the industry and stuff pretty closely seem to think there's a lot of hope there. There's a place in the market for what they're doing with it, and since they delayed it to make it better (so I heard) it suggests it's not getting the Andromeda "push it out the door" treatment, too.

I will remain cautiously optimistic. Bioware has produced too many of my favorite games for me to count them out just yet over one that didn't live up to the hype...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version