Author Topic: Season 26 Huh?  (Read 175 times)

Cluck Kent

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 8
    • View Profile
Season 26 Huh?
« on: May 24, 2022, 06:05:33 PM »
I didn't see a post so I'm guessing not many are playing Season 26, season of the mini GRs. I thought it was an interesting concept but it just didn't push my buttons enough to make me want to push the buttons this season.

I did actually a couple of mini GRs but just didn't interest me. I understand that they have now made it a feature of non-season as well and that also makes no difference to me since I haven't played any non-season in a long, long time.

Well who knows, maybe season 27 will be more interesting.

syn

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 13
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
Re: Season 26 Huh?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2022, 01:20:47 PM »
i played to get guardian. the echoing nightmare is interesting and sure makes getting high gems to enhance gear easier, though they are a bit scary for HC. have to plan to get overwhelmed before it becomes too much, since a death there is real. i like the reworked raekor set for barb. had been planning to push it farther, but haven't felt much motivation since finishing guardian.

Orbert

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 153
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2022, 10:11:44 AM »
I considered starting a Season 26 thread, but... um... I didn't.  *shrug*

But I've been playing.  Since the Echoing Nightmares thing doesn't really come into play until you're well along in your progression, it wasn't really a thing I worried about.  I went for Guardian first, and discovered that you don't get another Stash page this time.  I don't remember now if there's a logic or pattern to it, or if you just get them sometimes, or if there's a max that I've hit.  But it was mildly disappointing.

The Echoing Nightmares are fun enough with the right build, but it seems like they could've come up with a better way to work it with Hardcore.  Also, I don't do a lot of offline reading up on things (my own fault, I know), so I didn't realize that there's a big chest you get at the end.  The first time, I didn't see the point in respawning at my corpse, since everything was dead, so I just respawned in town and I think I was kinduv underwhelmed by the whole thing and was near my stopping point for the night, so I just exited.  The second time, it occurred to me that there were goodies on the ground, since I usually use Nemesis Bracers on my follower, so there were goodies from the yellow guys who spawn from the pylons.  As I was running around picking them up, I saw the big black chest hiding there in the darkness.  I missed the first one, or maybe two (or three).  But there's a lot of stuff in there, so obviously now that I know, I always click it.  And eventually I learned to click it *after* picking up my loot from the yellow guys, because clicking the chest starts the countdown.

Obviously this was all worked out and I'm sure fully explained online somewhere, but it was amusing to figure out.

syn

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 13
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2022, 09:11:57 PM »
I went for Guardian first, and discovered that you don't get another Stash page this time.  I don't remember now if there's a logic or pattern to it, or if you just get them sometimes, or if there's a max that I've hit.  But it was mildly disappointing.

The Echoing Nightmares are fun enough with the right build, but it seems like they could've come up with a better way to work it with Hardcore. 

there's a max for the stash tabs which i'm sure you've hit by now. for those that have played most seasons, the max was done a long time ago.

not sure how they could fix the echoing nightmares for HC. I initially thought they should be like the set dungeons where a death doesn't count, even in HC. but the gem/xp rewards for the nightmares are ridiculous. you could zerg your way through a few and really rack up the rewards, whereas the set dungeons are really just another achievement and not much more. i think they did it right.

edit: maybe simply nerf the reward if you die, but not have the death be permanent if you do. dunno.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2022, 09:14:06 PM by syn »