Author Topic: Trump continued  (Read 76563 times)

syn

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 13
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
Re: Trump continued
« Reply #105 on: July 27, 2017, 08:39:08 PM »
maybe he realized (or was told, more likely) he over-reached?

Anthony Scaramucci  ✔ @Scaramucci
I sometimes use colorful language. I will refrain in this arena but not give up the passionate fight for @realDonaldTrump's agenda. #MAGA
5:23 PM - Jul 27, 2017

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2017, 09:28:14 PM »
He looks and sounds like a sleezeball that Trump would like and vice versa.

The end of Bannon wouldn't be a bad thing.  I'm guessing by the end of term the staff will be made up of Trump family.  At least those not in jail ;)

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 28, 2017, 06:54:54 AM »
huh, thought i saw that they needed 60 for the last repeal attempt but apparently that wasn't the case. regardless, it didn't get enough votes. mcconnell has a sad.

mn4nu

• Cookies: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 28, 2017, 08:07:30 AM »
McCain stunned them with the "No" vote to kill the last bill version.  People will applaud him, but he shouldn't have voted "Yes" to begin debate a couple days ago in the first place.  Especially after he made that speech about getting back to normal order and all that.  The entire process of this bill was anything but normal order, and he voted to begin debate anyway.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 08:09:13 AM by mn4nu »

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 28, 2017, 12:20:50 PM »
I find this pretty amusing.  Sad...but amusing.

Pixie

• Administrator
  • Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 28, 2017, 04:40:10 PM »
McCain stunned them with the "No" vote to kill the last bill version.  People will applaud him, but he shouldn't have voted "Yes" to begin debate a couple days ago in the first place.  Especially after he made that speech about getting back to normal order and all that.  The entire process of this bill was anything but normal order, and he voted to begin debate anyway.

What bugs me is all the focus on McCain as the "hero" of defeating this. I think far, far more accolades should go to Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski who said all along exactly where they stood and never wavered.

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 28, 2017, 08:08:17 PM »
Priebus has been voted off the island. new CoS is John Kelly.

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 28, 2017, 08:24:38 PM »
What bugs me is all the focus on McCain as the "hero" of defeating this. I think far, far more accolades should go to Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski who said all along exactly where they stood and never wavered.

thought this was an interesting and plausible take on what happened:

t's important to note the 49-3 vote by the Senate Republicans is not a true indicator of who wanted to vote for or against the "skinny" healthcare repeal bill. Way more than 3 didn't want to vote on the bill at all and sure as hell didn't want it to pass, at least not with their names on it.

So McCain stepped in to join the two women [who] were stalwart NOs and be the fall guy so others in the party could be seen voting YES on a bill they never wanted to pass anyway. The disaster of a bill doesn't become law with their YES vote on it and they can point to the YES vote on the failed bill and say, "We tried" to the crazy, granny starving wingnut base.

McCain got to play the mavericky hero he always wanted to be and got to stick his thumb in Trump's eye as payback for Trump insulting him in the Primary.

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2017, 08:41:15 PM »
Wow. How long til Trump has to fire this guy? Is he there already on the strength of that article?

apparently the answer to that is yes. kelly fired him today. but don't worry, DJT tweeted "No WH chaos!"

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 01, 2017, 10:56:51 AM »
White House is being run like any top private company would be run.  Just like a well-oiled machine. So glad we have a businessman running things.  He really knows how to get things done.  What a master!

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • Cookies: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 01, 2017, 04:30:28 PM »
I get it, this is how he is the "jobs president"  So many people get to experience the same job.

Did anyone see with the Russia thing, they were working out what PR spin to put on it, Trump overrules them all and says to lie about what the meeting was about.

Why couldn't he have been screwing things up like this in Oct/Nov 2016 :(

Pixie

• Administrator
  • Cookies: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 01, 2017, 04:31:33 PM »
Why couldn't he have been screwing things up like this in Oct/Nov 2016 :(

He was. That's the sad part. People didn't (and still don't) care.

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 03, 2017, 01:28:59 PM »
Washington Post got the full (classified) transcripts of DT's calls to Pena Nieto and Turnbull from earlier this year.

What is the thing with boats? Why do you discriminate against boats?

and Dt's very bad week continues...

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 03, 2017, 05:49:30 PM »

syn

• aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 04, 2017, 05:39:50 PM »
...and the republican-led senate voted unanimously to block the republican president's ability to make recess appointments before they left for the august break.

LOLOLOL

so much winning.