Author Topic: Necro Roll Call!  (Read 17562 times)

Orbert

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 153
    • View Profile
Re: Necro Roll Call!
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2017, 01:35:48 PM »
Upgraded rares until I completed the Inarius set, then took it for a spin.  T10 was okay, T11 was tough.  Then it occurred to me to enchant the items.  I mean, the 6-piece bonus is indeed nice, but things like swapping cooldown out for added vitality and swapping armor for critical hit % helped a lot, too.

Ran a GR 48, which was fun, and I'm still learning how to work with the build, which still isn't done.  I'm sure there's a scythe I should be using instead of a sword, for example.

Cluck Kent

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2017, 01:41:38 PM »
Congrats on the 70 Hurt!

Supermatt

• Cookies: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2017, 03:36:31 PM »
Upgraded rares until I completed the Inarius set, then took it for a spin.  T10 was okay, T11 was tough.  Then it occurred to me to enchant the items.  I mean, the 6-piece bonus is indeed nice, but things like swapping cooldown out for added vitality and swapping armor for critical hit % helped a lot, too.

Ran a GR 48, which was fun, and I'm still learning how to work with the build, which still isn't done.  I'm sure there's a scythe I should be using instead of a sword, for example.

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-bone-storm-build-with-inarius-set-patch-2-6-season-11

SideSBob

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2017, 03:42:14 PM »
The 4-player leaderboard jumped up to GR 139 last night.  I thought that the
top from 2 days ago at GR 128 was high, but this is wild.

syn

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 13
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2017, 04:14:29 PM »
jebus.

insane.

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2017, 04:24:45 PM »
Yeah, 139 is crazy.

Supermatt

• Cookies: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2017, 05:16:42 PM »

I there a particular build that is imbalanced and making the go nuts?

SideSBob

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2017, 06:29:01 AM »

I there a particular build that is imbalanced and making the go nuts?

Necro has replaced the zBarb in the 4-player meta.  The Necro adds some actual
damage while still being able to perform as a support.  I have not figured out all of the
details yet.  I'd say that it doesn't hurt that these players are running with 4.5K paragon
and gems at or near rank 139 for the full DPS classes.

Ray Patean

• Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2017, 09:12:33 AM »
They were also likely exploiting the Marked for Death and Frailty mechanics, which have been hotfixed...but Blizzard isn't going to do anything about the gems they were upgrading to levels that wouldn't have been attainable without the exploit.

Orbert

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 153
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2017, 11:52:52 AM »

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-bone-storm-build-with-inarius-set-patch-2-6-season-11

Yeah, I look at the build guides, but more for ideas about how the skills and items work together and how I'm "supposed" to play the character.  I never follow them exactly, and rarely have all the items anyway.  For me, the fun of Diablo is all the different ways to play, all the different things you can do.

For example, I have the full Inarius set now, which is cool, but am using only half the active skills and none of the passives in that guide.  I like having minions, I like my army of skeletons attacking things and my golem tanking things.  Unless there's a build which uses them which also can make it into the top 5% on the leader boards, no one will bother writing it up, so I continue to try different things.  That's cool.  I'm running around killing things and having fun, which is all the game is about anyway.

Agodeshalf

• Cookies: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2017, 03:56:53 PM »
Got my softcore necro to level 70 and finished the game last night.  Had my first death in Act 5 which was sad, probably would have been sadder if it was HC.  I will start up my HC version next, now that I have some idea what the skill do, although I never got around to using the golem. 

Reigns

• Parsley Boy, mark 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 11, 2017, 09:38:08 AM »
Just downloaded the Necro.  I'm.... level 4.   ;D
Reigns

SBNVL  = Snicker, But Not Very Loudly
(Gravity is a myth, the Earth sucks.)

GO STEELERS!!!  Let's Go Pens!!!

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2017, 10:17:34 PM »
I think Blizz know I haven't given them the cash yet. I have seen a LOT of ads all over the internet for it, I wish it was $10 and less marketing budget "needed"

Next payday early next week .. lets see if I feel the need lol

hurtlocker

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 14, 2017, 09:40:01 AM »
Too cool, use land of the dead, frozen land on a Goblin pack, they all freeze in place
and can be killed quickly. I'm happy to see different sets start to populate the
leaderboards, although they seem to use the same skills?? I'm kind of surprised there isn't a
viable corpse explosion build, maybe Blizz will add a weapon or ring combo that buffs that
skill?

hurtlocker

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 15, 2017, 05:57:02 PM »
Completed at 70 grift with my Necro, DeathGirl. Only two close calls with low to middle level gear.
I see a guy did an over 100 grift with a HC Necro, just amazing.