Author Topic: Necro Roll Call!  (Read 17556 times)

syn

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 13
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
Re: Necro Roll Call!
« Reply #45 on: July 04, 2017, 09:59:41 AM »
got my first necro to 70 through the campaign. graduated to rifts; used LoN and a random assortment of skills (able to easily do t7 this way) to accumulate the necro sets. was trying to figure out trag's set and got myself killed pretty quickly... oops. not really sure what happened. got stuck in a mob and couldn't escape. either i don't understand blood rush or i had a resource problem or something else that wasn't immediately clear to me. so it goes... got a 2nd necro to 70 with a HF amulet and gem of ease, currently being more conservative with the inarius set. want to try trags again, but don't have any pieces atm.

agree about the female necro portrait. there are threads on bnet about it.

edit: the male necro portrait isn't that great either.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 04:34:59 PM by syn »

Cluck Kent

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 04, 2017, 04:16:00 PM »
Not sure if it's just bad luck or more that my expectations are too high, but it seems like it's taking forever to collect any set items for my Necro.  She has two pieces of Inarius' set, two pieces of Trag'Oul's, and one of Rathma's.  Some interesting new Legendaries have dropped, but so far nothing beats the Ancient Deathwish she's using which originally dropped for my Sorc.  Running bounties and rifts at T7 because so far that's all she can handle, but I'm getting frustrated with the drops, or lack thereof.  I have to keep reminding myself that I've only had her for two days.

As Hurt said, I crafted all the items Day 1. That being said, a week later and I have found very, very few Inarius set pieces in particular and zero ancients to date.

Supermatt

• Cookies: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2017, 05:37:20 PM »
I geared up by crafting too. I did 2 items for each slot, then saw which set I had most of and focused on the slots for that set I was missing. Also filled up on shards with another toon and gambled with the Necro. I could probably do GR45, but now I've switched back to EU and playing Campaign with a Necro there.

Orbert

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 153
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2017, 11:07:35 PM »
When you guys say "crafting", are you talking about upgrading rares in the cube?  It finally occurred to me today to try that, and so far I've picked up two more Inarius pieces.  From the description, the 4-piece bonus isn't much compared to the 2-piece, and the pieces each individually represent drops in stats compared to what she already has, so I might just wait until I have all six.  Or I might try the 4-piece just to see.

The female necro voice actress is terrible. The portrait art is high school level awful and I can't begin to understand how that got into the final product. It's painfully jarring next to all the good portraits.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought so.  It really is awful.

Supermatt

• Cookies: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 05, 2017, 12:33:47 AM »
When you guys say "crafting", are you talking about upgrading rares in the cube?  It finally occurred to me today to try that, and so far I've picked up two more Inarius pieces.  From the description, the 4-piece bonus isn't much compared to the 2-piece, and the pieces each individually represent drops in stats compared to what she already has, so I might just wait until I have all six.  Or I might try the 4-piece just to see.

Yes. Upgrading rares.

I initially got 3 Inarius pieces and 2 Tran Oul pieces which buffs a skill the Inarius build uses so I ran Inarius-4, Trangs-2 with RoRG until I hit 5 Inarius pieces. But even 15 minutes with a DH levelling your Necro's gems should give you 1,000 shards to gamble which might help.

TheMikrobe

• Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2017, 07:02:20 AM »
You can also use the convert set item recipe if you end up with multiple copies of the same item. It gives you a random other item in the same set as what you put in.
Diablo III (Europe): TheMikrobe#2428
ESO (Europe): @TheMikrobe

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2017, 08:05:34 AM »
Yeah, I've been doing that, too. Run the DH to upgrade gems and collect shards, then gamble with the Necro.

mn4nu

• Cookies: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2017, 10:03:23 AM »
They should have gotten Frank Cho to draw the female necro portrait.

sam_manzanza

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2017, 06:50:36 PM »
The could have got my inbred cousin Billy who was born without hands to draw the Necro portrait and it would have been better than the shit-stain level one they ended up with.

Pixie

• Administrator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2017, 07:17:09 PM »
What are the odds that Blizzard will ever replace it?

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2017, 08:48:19 PM »
i'd say poor

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2017, 10:47:45 PM »
Yeah, I was gonna say Zero, but James Bond taught me to never say never again.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2017, 07:21:50 AM »
I was able to complete all of the Necro set dungeons.  I did the Inarius one a couple of days ago and knocked out the final 3 yesterday.  I mastered 3 of 4 on the first try.  The Rathma one took 2 attempts after I figured out what the cooldown requirement on land of the dead was all about.  I have to say that these were the easiest of all the set dungeons I have completed.  No special items were needed.  I just put on the sets with no gems in them, added a skill or 2 for a specific dungeon and then just went at it.  I was surprised by this.  It seems like Blizzard really dumbed them down.

hurtlocker

• Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2017, 08:23:09 AM »
Congrats on the set dungeons Mn4nu, maybe I'll give them a try during the season. Started a HC Necro, she is pretty tough
so no close calls at all. Like an idiot I decided to do a HC grift 70 with my impale DH, didn't die but had about 5 close calls.
Forgot that you can get one hit pretty easily if you are "casual" with some packs. Completed the grift and ranked at 418
on the leaderboards. I'm thinking the Necro will have very good survivability too.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2017, 08:26:42 AM »
Nice work on the GR Hurtlocker!!