Author Topic: Season 10 Progress Thread  (Read 20113 times)

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Season 10 Progress Thread
« Reply #90 on: May 11, 2017, 10:34:41 PM »
TheMikrobe: Sprinter is HARD, possibly tougher than the 8 masterys.  Check this out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdyGvV0_otQ

Thats a team of 4 people coordinating, with very quick movement, planning that when one person does one thing, another is back in town to click on NPCs etc.  The RNG of it alone could EASILY screw it up with one or two bad passages.  You can tell they have done this a few times before. 

Boss Mode IS possible with all classes with the right build and gear, or possibly easier in a group with a bit of planning and communication.  Isn't shadow build basically 1 shot kills for the bosses?  I tried a solo boss mode.  Total was 29 minutes, chasing a goblin once asn't a good idea, but not too shaby, wasn't the right build for the job.

I've blown about 4 Ramalamadingdong. (copyright Sam) doing GR55s, I did my thorns crusader yesterday, everything up to and including GR50 under 6 minutes.  GR55, had 30 second death penalty and finished under a minute to spare!!

I'm close to finishing a few builds.

Supermatt

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 12, 2017, 04:14:06 PM »
I managed to roll an Ancient Karlei and and found a 6CC%, socketed Compass Rose so switched to Shadow build. WOW. I was not expecting it to be THAT much more powerful that UE. With UE I was struggling to Kill and stay alive on T13 and with Shadow I was possibly the strongest player in the game with 200 fewer paragons than everyone else... We did a 4 minute T13 rift!!!!

Anyway, nearing the end of the season on EU, just need to do GR55 with Raiment and Inna sets and get my gems to level 65. Oh, and possibly visit Maghda again because I don't think I managed to kill her in 15 seconds...

Cluck Kent

• Cookies: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 12, 2017, 07:45:06 PM »
I managed to roll an Ancient Karlei and and found a 6CC%, socketed Compass Rose so switched to Shadow build. WOW. I was not expecting it to be THAT much more powerful that UE. With UE I was struggling to Kill and stay alive on T13 and with Shadow I was possibly the strongest player in the game with 200 fewer paragons than everyone else... We did a 4 minute T13 rift!!!!

Congrats on the finds. I Couldn't agree more. The new Shadow build is super tough and powerful.

Supermatt

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 13, 2017, 04:50:31 PM »
Had an epic session on EU last night. Helped Mikrobe it with the T12 speed rift then T13 boss kills for his season journey. After that Tim came over to EU and we boosted him  up to 70, ran a T13Vault, a GR, a round of TX bounties and some other stuff for his first few chapters. Right near the end of the bounties we got a goblin shrine which resulted in a second portal to the Vault.

My DH also got her gems to level 65, so just one more conquest and an augment for the tab.

TheMikrobe

• Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2017, 10:43:52 PM »
Yes, it was a good session in the morning. My rebirthed barbarian managed to pick up a few good items from Matt's kills, then I rejoined the game with my WD and Matt and I did a full bounty run with Tim.

In the evening I improved my WD's best rift to GR62 and failed in my first attempt at 63, but it was a horrible map. By then I'd had enough shards for my barb to have gambled 5/6 of the Wastes set, so I used a RoRG in the cube and added two IK pieces and my only ancient weapon (Warmonger 2h sword) and whirled my way to GR52, all with only 2 leg gems neither of which was Taeguk. Right at the end of the session I rolled a socket in my last ring, got Taeguk to 25 and found a half decent IK weapon for the build, so GR55 should be right round the corner.
Diablo III (Europe): TheMikrobe#2428
ESO (Europe): @TheMikrobe

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2017, 05:37:02 AM »
Was so fun, lots of leeching, some gear to go through, won't take too long when I get a shot to knock off the rest of chapter four and secure the full set!

Thanks again, and don't forget I have another puzzle ring for later!

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2017, 11:50:00 PM »
Finally got tab#10 on US!  Did the Seeker of the Light set . without the BiS belt AND weapon! lol death penalty was up to 25 seconds, finished with 21 seconds to spare.  Orlash spawned and I had a few strategic withdrawals when it was time for the lightning fire of death.  ... phew! now I can focus on some other things!

Supermatt

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 16, 2017, 03:03:44 AM »
I managed to get my EU stash tab about 10 minutes after Tim completed his.

I logged on needing to augment and finish my second conquest. To finish the 6xGR55s I needed to do a GR55 in the Monk Raiment set but was missing a second Unity. Ran with CoE instead, but it turns out the Unity is important... so I shelved that pretty quickly and went over to T13 runs for DBs using my Shadow DH. Every Rift I asked if anyone had found a Unity that was surplus to requirements and managed to get one off a generous Wizard.

Augmented my Ancient Karlei with a level 60 Gem of Ease and switched back to my Monk. Equipped Unity and breezed through GR55 in about 7 minutes.

So with my second stash tab done I'll be spending the rest of my season trying to help Tim on EU and maybe finishing campaign in non-Season HC on US.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 03:31:27 AM by Supermatt »

TheMikrobe

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2017, 06:54:13 PM »
I didn't feel like doing anything stressful and I needed DBs so I ran some easy torment rifts with my WD. Once I filled my blood shards I gambled them all with my barb (for nothing) but then decided to test some changes I'd made to the Wastes build. My best was GR53 so I started at tier 50, then 52, 53, 54 with 4 or 5 deaths and about 1 min left at the end, then thought I might was well try GR55. I was behind for most of the run, hit the deck a few times, and with about 3 minutes left, just when I thought if I die again I'll lose, I got an amazing run of pylons (with nemesis bracers) and finished easily.

So that's 2 GR55s down, and IK set is ready to go. I could probably get close with 5/6 Earth set + RoRG but I don't think the weapon's good enough. I've also got full sets with multiple ancients including weapons for the WD which I haven't even tried yet, just need to learn the builds. Then a second conquest and the last speed run for the tab.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2017, 07:33:22 PM »
I didn't feel like doing anything stressful and I needed DBs so I ran some easy torment rifts with my WD. Once I filled my blood shards I gambled them all with my barb (for nothing) but then decided to test some changes I'd made to the Wastes build. My best was GR53 so I started at tier 50, then 52, 53, 54 with 4 or 5 deaths and about 1 min left at the end, then thought I might was well try GR55. I was behind for most of the run, hit the deck a few times, and with about 3 minutes left, just when I thought if I die again I'll lose, I got an amazing run of pylons (with nemesis bracers) and finished easily.

So that's 2 GR55s down, and IK set is ready to go. I could probably get close with 5/6 Earth set + RoRG but I don't think the weapon's good enough. I've also got full sets with multiple ancients including weapons for the WD which I haven't even tried yet, just need to learn the builds. Then a second conquest and the last speed run for the tab.

Good work!  My first 2 of those were IK/Raekor, then Raekar/IK with a 5/3 split.  That enables you to get the  piece bonus of the main set and 4 piece from the second.

TheMikrobe

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2017, 07:39:12 PM »
I've only got 3 pieces of raekor, the game's been stingy on that set so far, so I'm probably going to do IK with the same whirlwind build as wastes, just replace ignore pain with the ancients. Actually I don't know the raekor builds and don't really like charge, so will only do that if I like the WD ones less!

Supermatt

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2017, 02:27:14 AM »
I've decided to push to complete the full season journey on EU. At this stage I think I just need to extract another 10 cube powers, Get me gems to 70 (currently 67) and do another conquest (it'll probably have to be an attempt at Boss Mode)...

Supermatt

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 20, 2017, 06:50:10 AM »
I've progressed to only needing a 3rd conquest to complete my EU season journey now.

Plenty of time to do it, hopefully I can get one of them.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2017, 05:44:08 PM »
With Matt's help, I got a monk up to 70 on EU, more paragons, more gem leveling, gear getting a bit better :)

No sign of season ending yet ..

TheMikrobe

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 11, 2017, 07:19:30 AM »
I had about 2 weeks break from the game, I was getting bored always pushing for the same thing. Came back and spent a few days running easyish GRs and doing bounties, told myself I was levelling gems for augments and gaining paragon levels.

The race is on now though, 2 weeks left... I need:
* 3 gems to 55 (they're on 54 now, so not hard)
* 2 conquests
* T13 rift in 5 minutes

For the conquests:
* gems to 65: I could probably do if I spent enough time in public games
* 6xGR55s: I have Helltooth, Zunimassa's, Wastes. Pretty sure I could get Earth with a bit of practice leaping. Need to know builds for the other two WD ones, IK a possibility with a better weapon, Raekor I really dislike charge so prob won't go for that.
* Master 8 dungeons: I've only done Zunimassa's, I have 8 full sets but don't really want to attempt this one
* All bosses in 20 minutes: a possibility with the right team

Matt, Tim and me had one run through the bosses conquest yesterday, finished in 26 minutes. We weren't very coordinated though and my build was too slow, also I have a slow-loading computer. I've set up and practised the chicken doc build now (although my weapon isn't ancient yet) and it's super fast. I started to struggle with it at GR 60, but still finished with 2 or 3 minutes to spare despite all the deaths so it's tough enough and deals enough damage for TX.

I was running the chicken doc this morning when Tim logged on so I switched to the summons build and we did a few quick GRs.