Author Topic: Season 10 Progress Thread  (Read 20113 times)

TheMikrobe

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Season 10 Progress Thread
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2017, 05:44:24 PM »
Great work, Tim!

I had my first failure in a GR today, tier 58 at paragon 437. My damage and kill speed is pretty good, but I'm really fragile so waste some time running backwards and even more time lying on the floor. I can hardly take any elemental damage, which I don't quite understand because the WD's high intelligence means my resistances are really good. Anyway, I have three offensive gems so thinking of swapping one for a more defensive one. Might look at a different defensive passive skill too.
Diablo III (Europe): TheMikrobe#2428
ESO (Europe): @TheMikrobe

TheMikrobe

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 07, 2017, 08:38:10 AM »
Well after that I tried tier 58 again and passed without any deaths... the difference between a nice map and monster spawn and a bad one. Then I had to do some bounties for crafting materials and happened to pass the 2500 achievement.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 07, 2017, 03:17:43 PM »
GG Mikrobe, only 7500 to go! ;)

Supermatt

• Cookies: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 08, 2017, 05:40:47 PM »
I've been mostly playing on EU lately. I've been doing a lot of gem levelling - basically levelling every gem that is used for any DH or Monk build because I am assuming I don't know enough people to get help with Boss Mode so hedging my bets and preparing to do the 6xGR55s conquest. Also gearing up a Monk to start farming Monk gear - so running my DH for shards and DBs then spending them with the Monk. I've got 3 pieces and both the weapons for the WoL Sunwuko build so far and able to solo ~ GR33, so getting there.

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2017, 07:16:50 AM »
I did boss mode with 4 or 5 minutes to spare with a angry chicken witch doctor.  Just kill the bosses with animations first (Diablo, Maltheal, Urzeal, Belial).  If you can't do those four bosses in 7 or 8 minutes, starrt over.  I would think a DH spamming vault (shadow build) could do it solo with time to spare. 

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2017, 04:40:14 PM »
I did boss mode with 4 or 5 minutes to spare with a angry chicken witch doctor.  Just kill the bosses with animations first (Diablo, Maltheal, Urzeal, Belial).  If you can't do those four bosses in 7 or 8 minutes, starrt over.  I would think a DH spamming vault (shadow build) could do it solo with time to spare.

I'd LOVE to do this conquest, just looking for a person/people to do it with!

Supermatt

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2017, 05:33:36 PM »

My computer is a very slow loader, so I'd probably lose 1/3 of the time just at the load screen :-/

In seasonal progress, managed to complete the Sunwuko set on EU, so now I'm just a few items away from having a fully geared Monk. But I should be able to run GR45 at least, so that should speed things up collecting the missing items abd gearing for other builds.

TheMikrobe

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2017, 07:09:14 PM »
I ran GR50s to gain about 25 paragons to 498 and also level legendary gems, then did a tier 59 to get the gem to 50 and augmented my weapon. None of my other ancients are long-term keepers so I'm a bit reluctant to augment them but might have to to progress. But first I'll probably go back to a lower tier for a while and hope to gamble better items.

I had no deaths on the GR59 this time, so could probably do a 61 or 62 with a good map.

Ray Patean

• Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2017, 08:08:36 AM »
Tim - I am hoping to be online tomorrow and Friday around 6:30 EDT for a couple hours each night. If you are on, hit me up and we can do Boss Mode. I need the 3rd conquest to finish the season journey. I did it the last time it was a conquest, and it's fun. You just need some coordination - and if you have voice chat, that really helps.

TheMikrobe

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2017, 06:40:37 PM »
Whew! Finally mastered Zunimassa's dungeon and made champion of the season. What a ball ache that was...

Three things to do for destroyer and five for conqueror, and some of them won't be easy.

Supermatt

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2017, 08:37:07 PM »
Gg Mikrobe. If I see you online I will offer to help.if you need it.

I got my speed rifts in public games last season.

TheMikrobe

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2017, 02:59:40 AM »
Cheers Matt. It would be good to team up if we can. I've done it all solo so far and there are still areas of obvious improvement that will get me further, but I foresee issues with some of the requirements, e.g. T13 speed rift and the second conquest (which I haven't thought about yet).
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 03:02:18 AM by TheMikrobe »

Supermatt

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2017, 03:41:35 PM »
Cheers Matt. It would be good to team up if we can. I've done it all solo so far and there are still areas of obvious improvement that will get me further, but I foresee issues with some of the requirements, e.g. T13 speed rift and the second conquest (which I haven't thought about yet).

You can normally get the speed rifts in public games.

I'm doing the 6xGR55s and 3x65 gems conquests since they are the least reliant on others. I've got Monk and DH going this season and 3 down on the GRS.

Which brings me to last night progress... managed to gamble and find 2 more BiS items for my Sunwuko Bells Monk last night. Tried GR45 and did it easily so cranked uo to GR50 and that was easy too so went for GR55 and made it with 7 minutes to spare. It's a weird build. Smokes trash but feels underpowered against bosses.

Going to try Raiment and Inna for my other 2 Monk GR55s. I've never played Raiment and Inna has been buffed since I last played it. Just need to finish gearing for them...

TheMikrobe

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2017, 08:41:02 PM »
Is the sprinter conquest all five acts in an hour (12 min per act seems impossible...), or is it every act in 1 hour each (which is easy)?

I'll probably do the same conquests as you, gems should be easy and I think 6xGR55s should doable. I rebirthed a barbarian today and powered to level 50 with lots of bonus xp gear, I'll start gambling shards with her once I get to 70. I have the same problem as you, my comp loads levels really slowly, also slows down significantly with too many other players, so boss mode might be too hard.

sam_manzanza

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2017, 10:07:27 PM »
I have the same problem as you, my comp loads levels really slowly, also slows down significantly with too many other players, so boss mode might be too hard.
This is the problem I have as well. Last night Tim wanted to do the boss mode conquest but I had to say no because 1-2 minutes to load screens in MP games, which isnt ideal for a timer-based conquest. Time for a new machine, but convincing She Who Must Be Obeyed will not be easy. She already hates "that fucking game", as she so eloquently calls it.

I am pretty much just farming materials at the moment. The Explosive Blast DB farming build is about 11/10 in terms of fun, so I am running that even though its probably less efficient than Archon because my gear is so crap. Found a decent ancient Starfire which I will socket when I finally find a Ramalamadingdong.