Author Topic: Season 10 Progress Thread  (Read 20105 times)

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Season 10 Progress Thread
« Reply #60 on: May 01, 2017, 04:32:48 PM »
your raw damage is higher than mine and I didn't notice you dying too much, another night or too like that and you'll be rolling in gear

sam_manzanza

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2017, 08:35:30 PM »
your raw damage is higher than mine and I didn't notice you dying too much, another night or too like that and you'll be rolling in gear
*two.

GR50 was definitely at the limit of what I can handle in group play. Luckily your Barb was able to tear it up enough for the both of us. Delsere's is a slow-n-steady style of play and it on the fringes of viability when it comes to clearing higher GR's. It's a fun playstyle though - consistent damage output and very little ramp up time, though it lacks the high-end burst damage of other builds.

Supermatt

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2017, 08:58:21 PM »
Delsere's is a slow-n-steady style of play and it on the fringes of viability when it comes to clearing higher GR's. It's a fun playstyle though - consistent damage output and very little ramp up time, though it lacks the high-end burst damage of other builds.

It is very tanky, but yeah,no burst damage. It really needs APDs. Also, in GRs you have to do a lot of work assembling crowds to take on.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2017, 09:56:15 PM »
my wizard last season I was getting quite frustrated and was very happy when it was all over ..  now with more paragons, it might be a bit simpler.

sam_manzanza

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2017, 10:04:24 PM »
I found some Ancient APDs last night but I have been running a Shields + Ashnaggars Bracers (doubles shield potency) build which has been working quite well. Will have to switch to APD's for higher GR's but it's quite nice running around being invincible and shit.

I have been running a Frozen Orb variant, rather than the standard EB/Arcane Orbit build since I don't have the Orb That Is Quite Deep, but will likely switch to that when I can. I tried the spec in non-seasons and the playstyle doesn't gel with me for some reason. Definitely powerful though. I quite like the slow-em-and-mow-em style of Frozen Orb, plus it reminds me of D2, which in turns reminds me of younger days when my hair wasn't thinning and that makes me happy (in short - I use Frozen Orb because I am insecure.)

Might only last a month but D3 has got me by the balls again.

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2017, 08:27:45 AM »
Was able to clear a GR76 over the weekend with my helltooth/gargantuan WD.  I could probably do a level or 2 higher with my current gear, but would most likely need some ancient set pieces to push 80 or more.  The only thing left to do in season play is just grind for gear.  I'm not sure I want to do that, so I may go back to non-season, both SC and HC.

I still haven't found a primal ancient yet.  Hopefully the first one isn't something terrible, like a Chaingmail.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 08:29:38 AM by mn4nu »

Ray Patean

• Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2017, 10:11:27 AM »
I found my first primal item the other day...a Ninth Cirri Satchel...so yeah, that was totally worth the hype. /s

SideSBob

• Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2017, 11:24:28 AM »
I found my first primal item the other day...a Ninth Cirri Satchel...so yeah, that was totally worth the hype. /s

A guy who Cluck and I play with in nonseason had a Puzzle Ring for his first primal.
He's had some great ones since that time though.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2017, 02:13:06 PM »
Puzzle Ring...LOL!  Now that's some bad luck.

Ray Patean

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2017, 02:32:42 PM »
It's too bad they couldn't implement some sort of "Primal Vault" or something - more goblins inside, or a higher chance for ancients/primals from Greed.

Ray Patean

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2017, 08:39:39 AM »
So, I felt like doing a few Neph rifts before bed last night. I was a bit undergeared for T13, but I figured I could get carried a bit. So, the first run is going well with two archon wizards, a chicken WD and me as a  UE grenade DH. Legendaries and sets are dropping left and right, then we hit a blue goblin and it was nuts. By the end of that run I had added at least 100 DBs, around 25 legs/sets.

We did a couple more quick rifts, then one guy just started using up his Puzzle Rings. We found a few more while running Vaults, and we must've done 10 of them. So glad I just happened to join a random T13 game, and get paired up with those guys. It was a blast. They actually were talking, giving gear advice, etc. Such a welcome change from the usual pub game garbage.

sam_manzanza

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 04, 2017, 04:46:17 PM »
So, I felt like doing a few Neph rifts before bed last night. I was a bit undergeared for T13, but I figured I could get carried a bit. So, the first run is going well with two archon wizards, a chicken WD and me as a  UE grenade DH. Legendaries and sets are dropping left and right, then we hit a blue goblin and it was nuts. By the end of that run I had added at least 100 DBs, around 25 legs/sets.

We did a couple more quick rifts, then one guy just started using up his Puzzle Rings. We found a few more while running Vaults, and we must've done 10 of them. So glad I just happened to join a random T13 game, and get paired up with those guys. It was a blast. They actually were talking, giving gear advice, etc. Such a welcome change from the usual pub game garbage.
That sounds like a unique experience! How nice would it be if all pub games were like this. One thing I have found is that if you make an effort to be nice, chatty and share gear you dont need, often at least 1 or 2 of the other people in your group will reveal themselves to be decent human beings. I think most people don't make the effort because they think it's not worth it - usually a fair assessment.

Did some runs with Tim last night and re-spec'd to Lightning Archon. I was trying to be indie and play DMO/Frozen Orb for as long as I could, but Lightning Archon is just so powerful the inefficiencies of DMO aren't worth the hipster points for being alternative. Went from 7 minute solo GR50's to 3-4 minutes, one-shotting most elites. Can handle T13 no worries, though without an ancient weapon the kill speed is a little slow. Only major upgrade left is weapon, then it's just finding ancient gear for remaining slots.

Has been really good MPing with Matt and Tim and chatting with SSB etc - glad some many people are still playing after all these years!

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 04, 2017, 07:26:17 PM »
I had a good pub group last week.  I started it off by informing everyone about a goblin shrine, and then we got a vault, and a whimsyshire portal too!  It was a really good game and everyone was good people.

Supermatt

• Cookies: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 04, 2017, 08:44:56 PM »
I've been in public games a few times where everyone is decent and the group clicks. You usually land up getting a few new friend requests out of it.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2017, 05:59:08 AM »
Passed Paragon 500, got my gems up to 61, not much more and thats my first conquest, and i'm onto the last chapter.  Only two to go there, and the augment is ready to pop!