Author Topic: Season 10 Progress Thread  (Read 20104 times)

sam_manzanza

• THAC0: 20
  • Cookies: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Season 10 Progress Thread
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2017, 04:14:40 PM »
I am probably about 3 seasons too late realising this, but the way they have revamped seasons makes it a lot more enjoyable. Being able to progress quickly without leeching in rifts for a few days is great. I smashed through the first 3 chapters of the seasonal journey, got my Delsere's set (coupled with a couple of pieces I got from a few rifts with Matt - thanks again) and then was able to quickly move up from T1 to T6. I got a few more upgrades and now she is handling T8 no sweat, will try T10 tonight.

Need to farm a whole bunch of bounties to get mats for the cube, so if anyone wants to split farm, let me know.

Supermatt

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2017, 04:33:07 PM »
Need to farm a whole bunch of bounties to get mats for the cube, so if anyone wants to split farm, let me know.

You should be able to find T6 piblic bounty games. Public bounties are generally very efficient.

Ive been aplitting my time between EU and US lately. Statred a Barb on EU and with mostly BiS gear he is able to handle T10/GR45 although I really dont get the Raekor play style.

On EU ive been levelling gems im going to need for other builds and classes. Ive decided to start a monk for the 5xGR55s conquest, so leveleed a gem of Ease and got him to level 53 I think. Just need a boost thenrest of thenway then I need to gamble and craft gear to try and get to 5 pieces of a set which will enable me to run a complete set thanks to my DHs RoRG.

sam_manzanza

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2017, 04:55:43 PM »

You should be able to find T6 piblic bounty games. Public bounties are generally very efficient.

Excellent - and T6 is generally accepted as the sweet spot for farming bounties?

Supermatt

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2017, 05:31:23 PM »
Excellent - and T6 is generally accepted as the sweet spot for farming bounties?

Generally if you can farm higher then higher is better, but if you are only able to do T8 then T6 is probably best because on US you can usually only find games on T6, T10 and T13.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2017, 06:12:32 PM »
Keep in mine as time goes on, people progress, there will probably be less people on T6, but its all very random.  If you see no one in a game, just start one up, within a few minutes some others will join yours.  Just don't claim the reward for tyrael, it stops others joining.

It doesn't take too much to hit tx.  remember, there is a difference between TX solo and TX with 4 people .. i had some games I was SUPER slow, i did maybe 3-4 bounties, the rest did the others, luckily they didn't try to kick me :P  If you don't die they won't suspect your a noob ;)

Matt, have you seen what the skills are for the charge attack?  If its a 1 on 1, you get your charge back, great for bosses, GRs.  If there is a BIG group, you aim and hit as many as you can, it resets the cooldown and get a charge back.  use ancient spear when you have fury.  I'm not quite at the right skills but its mainly working for me.  I'm missing a few bits of gear myself

TheMikrobe

• Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2017, 06:58:38 PM »
It doesn't take too much to hit tx.  remember, there is a difference between TX solo and TX with 4 people .. i had some games I was SUPER slow, i did maybe 3-4 bounties, the rest did the others, luckily they didn't try to kick me :P  If you don't die they won't suspect your a noob ;)

Also know your character strengths and choose the bounties that work best. E.g. if you need to continuously kill monsters to maintain buffs then do the "clear a dungeon" or "kill a random elite plus 150 others” bounties, if you can move quickly and still be at full strength when you reach the target do the quest-based ones or the ones like rescue the guards where you need to visit 4 or 5 stations. Also make sure you turn up to 2 or 3 of the boss fights to show willing, even if you deliberately skip the really hard ones like Malthael, then people will just assume you're half way through a long bounty.

I really like public bounty games, almost the complete opposite to my experience of public rift games.
Diablo III (Europe): TheMikrobe#2428
ESO (Europe): @TheMikrobe

Supermatt

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2017, 07:08:10 PM »
Also make sure you turn up to 2 or 3 of the boss fights to show willing, even if you deliberately skip the really hard ones like Malthael, then people will just assume you're half way through a long bounty.

I never join boss fights I didn't start because I go by the assumption that everyone in the game should be able to solo or they should be playing on a lower difficulty.

But if someone dies in a boss fight I offer to help next attempt.

edit: it also irritates me when others join my boss fights because I feel they should be off doing another quest.

TheMikrobe

• Cookies: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2017, 07:35:27 PM »
Haha I wonder how other people see it? I tend to think if you don't do any boss fights at all it's a sure sign of a moocher, and since I usually prefer kill-em-all quests I make sure I do a couple. Usually by the time my computer has loaded the level the boss is dead already, anyway. That's another reason I hate people joining me on random quests, my comp slows to a crawl.

There is one really annoying player on EU I've been in a few games with who has about half the paragon levels and jumps between the other three players, presumably taking the free drops and xp. He always turns up for a goblin or chest, which then fails because my game becomes a turn-based strategy. He then accused me of being a bot and kicked me because I ran in a straight line to the quest target without taking damage or attacking.
Diablo III (Europe): TheMikrobe#2428
ESO (Europe): @TheMikrobe

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2017, 07:40:48 PM »
Similar to Matt I only join boss fights if it's bounty #25. There are different styles

syn

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 13
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2017, 10:12:42 PM »
Also make sure you turn up to 2 or 3 of the boss fights to show willing, even if you deliberately skip the really hard ones like Malthael, then people will just assume you're half way through a long bounty.

I never join boss fights I didn't start because I go by the assumption that everyone in the game should be able to solo or they should be playing on a lower difficulty.

But if someone dies in a boss fight I offer to help next attempt.

edit: it also irritates me when others join my boss fights because I feel they should be off doing another quest.

there was a thread on battle.net a while ago (yes, i was bored) talking about reasons people get kicked from parties; joining boss fights was one. rationale being that you should be doing another bounty. i get the point, but that style of play is, i dunno, taking the game a bit too seriously from my perspective.

Supermatt

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2017, 11:38:42 PM »
I have never kicked or voted for someone to be kicked for doubling up on bounties – only for being AFK. And once for repeatedly collecting Caches out of order pre-2.5.

But if someone is doubling up I usually ‘whisper’ to them that they should be soloing bounties for efficiency or going to a lower difficulty game if they are not capable of soloing at the particular T setting of the game they’re in. And you can usually tell if they are or aren’t capable.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 01, 2017, 12:05:44 AM »
Matt normally dies more than me but I put up with him ;)

Supermatt

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2017, 01:11:01 AM »
Matt normally dies more than me but I put up with him ;)

Yup, never really been one for staying alive...

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2017, 05:43:42 AM »
finally got a chance to help sam, i'm in the high 300s for paragon and got my 3 gems to 45.  4th gem now at 25.  finally got earth set finished. One off wastes now.

sam_manzanza

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2017, 04:16:27 PM »
finally got a chance to help sam
Help? Bitch I carried your ass.... jkz, thanks Timmo. Was good to MP again, though my machine is so woeful I doubt I will make it a regular thing - borderline unplayable, though it did get better.

My build/gear is still kinda slapped together with best available options, so I need to grind a whole lot more to get to where I have BiS across the board. Basically I need a good Focus/Restraint and a HF ammy to finish off my current build, which isn't meta at all, so it's going to be a long slog but that's the fun of it really. Opposite of NS where I end up going in circles because of too many options.