Author Topic: Borderlands 3  (Read 28569 times)

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 26
    • View Profile
Re: Borderlands 3
« Reply #210 on: May 11, 2020, 04:36:07 PM »
Me too which is why I head into TVHM and level up while questing.  In TVHM I just do main quests.  You could do Proving Ground runs.

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 11, 2020, 06:25:19 PM »
I just did one of the proving grounds.  That was a lot more fun with some good loot too.  Thank you for the suggestion!

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 11, 2020, 07:33:50 PM »
There are six of them.  I prefer them to the shafts also.  Though some of them are a bit insane on high levels of difficulty.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 11, 2020, 10:02:39 PM »
Me too which is why I head into TVHM and level up while questing.  In TVHM I just do main quests.
This might be the fastest way to level.  I just killed Mouthpiece in TVHM and am 51 now.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 13, 2020, 07:04:03 PM »
I moved on to Promethea in TVHM.  Killed Gigamind and decided to run him for awhile.  I'm lvl 54 now and bumped it up to M3 for running Gigamind.  He drops the Hellshock regularly, so I get a nice weapon upgrade every once in awhile.  I may stay here until lvl 57.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 14, 2020, 06:46:14 AM »
I have run him a couple of times.  Hellshock is an interesting weapon in how it flips elements on rebound. 

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 14, 2020, 10:36:59 PM »
I hit 57 and can comfortably do Mayhem 3.  So I decided to do the cartels event.  I got a yellowcake on my first try, so I'm going to see if that thing can help me up the Mayhem difficulty a bit.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 15, 2020, 11:16:25 AM »
The Yellowcake is a great choice to bump you up to M6. I prefer to run at that level so you can get all drops. From there I would either choose Captain Traunt to get the Kaosan or Katagawa Jr to get the Sandhawk.  Sandhawk eat ammo.  Kaosan is probably the better choice.  To be clear those weapons only drop at M6 or higher.  I don't really see the point of playing at M10 unless you are finding the game easy.  On the PS4 aiming is not as easy so hitting the crits is tougher, so I stay at M6.

I just switched from Amara to Moze again.  Holy cow does Amara kill things quicker.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 11:18:28 AM by Sssith »

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 15, 2020, 09:37:08 PM »
I have a new favorite gun.  The OPQ System is incredible.  I got one doing an M6 villa run.  It just wrecks everything.  I will keep running the villa to get a better yellowcake too.  The yellowcake is probably better for bosses.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 09:46:58 PM by mn4nu »

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 16, 2020, 02:34:17 PM »
The OPQ is pretty sweet.  Of the new weapons, I really like the Kaosan.  I forget if you have the DLCs.  If you do supposedly Scrap trap is a good way to get the new weapons from Joey V.  The are so many enemies that the cartel boss get called in and it a short time you can get lots of drops.  I haven't done it myself, but it seems like a solid idea.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 18, 2020, 11:13:21 AM »
I forget if you have the DLCs.  If you do supposedly Scrap trap is a good way to get the new weapons from Joey V.  The are so many enemies that the cartel boss get called in and it a short time you can get lots of drops.  I haven't done it myself, but it seems like a solid idea.

I do have the DLCs and I am doing the Moxxi Heist one now.  I just got to the scraptrap place last night.  Also, I can confirm that the underbosses of the cartel event, like Josie Byte, Fish Slap, etc. can drop the Cartel legendaries like OPQ and Yellowcake in this DLC.  I got both of those a couple of times each in the Vice District yesterday.  I think the scraptrap farm would be a great place to get those things at higher mayhem levels because the farm isn't too tough.  I can do mayhem 6 right now without too many problems, so I might try increasing the difficulty gradually to where I can get some mayhem 10 gear from this farm.

Another thing, do you have trouble with annointed enemies?  These are probably the hardest thing in the game for me.  They are harder than just about any boss.  I hate them.  I'm just wondering if I am doing something wrong against them because they take forever to kill and are really annoying.

Lastly, it sounds like Gearbox is going to do some adjusting of the difficulty levels to reduce enemy bonuses to hit points, armor, etc., while buffing most weapons and nerfing others.  It sounds like most of the really good weapons for mayhem 10 will are get nerfed.  So enjoy that Yellowcake, OPQ, Monarch, and Sandhawk while you can.  Overall, it is probably a good thing because it will hopefully make a lot more of the weapons viable.

I really like this game. :)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 11:15:00 AM by mn4nu »

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 18, 2020, 11:31:11 AM »
The game is fun, but anointment farming has me a bit burnt out.  I am on a bit of a break for this reason.  Though the itch to jump back in is always there.

GB is planning on lowering M7-10 stats in general.  Enemy health/armor/shield.  This is also going to have a corresponding lowering of stats on some of the weapons.  The next patch, early June I think, is going to buff a lot of the weapons to make them more viable.  Almost everyone is running with the new weapons as the rest just can't keep up.

Anointed enemies are really tough.  There are I think four or five different versions of them.  The one I hate the most is the one that spawns a ball that pursues you.  That one kills me the most.  The one with the shield can be really annoying also.  You can't really hit him when the shield is up and he is invulnerable when he holds his arms up and spawns fire.  Honestly the trick with them is to always have a fire weapon on hand.  Fire generally is the quickest way that I have found to kill them.  You will also find that they spawn more often in certain areas.  I once ran into six in the Anvil area right after Tina.  That was on M3 or 4 when M4 was the highest.  Holy cow that was not pleasant.

As for Scrap Trap prime there is a trick to get all the little Scrap Traps to respawn.  There is a video link of the trick in this thread somewhere I think.  Basically stand at the very back of the cave so that technically you are out of it.  Then run back in.  M10 with cartel == lots of loot I am told.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 18, 2020, 12:51:49 PM »
Thanks Geoff.  I will try fire on those anointed enemies next time they appear.  I will try the scraptrap farm trick too.  I saw a youtube video about it, and yes you are right about the respawn thing.  I hear what you are saying about anointed items and trying to get the right one for your weapon.  It's pretty frustrating to farm a long time for a weapon, like the Monarch or Kaoson, and then have it spawn with either no anointment, or a crappy one.

Ray Patean

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 19, 2020, 09:07:43 AM »
I'm pretty burnt out on BL3 right now. Mayhem 2.0 kind of put the final nail in the coffin for me. The complete bullet-sponge aspect of Mayhem 8+ just isn't fun for me, nor is farming for countless hours to find the perfect rolled item with the right parts, the right element and right annointment. I am excited for DLC3 and the Eridian Takedown event, so I'll be back playing when that drops. I'm definitely looking forward to the major rework on the higher Mayhem levels and gun damage.

Until then, I'm going to go play The Pre-Sequel. I'm playing as Timothy the Doppelganger, and just got to Concordia. I'm level 6 or 7 currently. My only goal for this game is to play through the main story, and through the Claptrap DLC. Hopefully it's a good time!

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 19, 2020, 11:03:01 AM »
I feel your pain Ray. 

I jumped into Scrap Trap arena with the cartel on.  It was pretty crazy.  M7 fight.  Most of my gear is M6.  By the end of it all I had 30 legendaries on the ground.  Sadly nothing to interesting except for one Yellowcake. 

Still it was a pretty good time.  If you do it go in there with a good fire weapon for Fish Slap. A shock for Josie.  A corrosive for all the bots.