Author Topic: Borderlands 3  (Read 28564 times)

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 26
    • View Profile
Re: Borderlands 3
« Reply #180 on: March 20, 2020, 11:35:42 AM »
I am still not clear on what you are talking about.  Are you talking about farming ScrapTrap Prime?

Ray Patean

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 20, 2020, 01:02:57 PM »
Essentially, yes. But it's the scrap traps before he spawns. They give good xp. Then after you kill Scrap Trap Prime, you head out the tunnel to exit but there's a ledge you can jump on to that allows you to re-enter the area. The little scrap traps respawn, and so will Prime. You can do that over and over.

This video shows how to do it: https://youtu.be/lPpcwZ32xpQ
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 01:05:36 PM by Ray Patean »

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 20, 2020, 01:09:42 PM »
Cool.  I did not know that trick.  Great way to refarm that area!

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 27, 2020, 08:38:46 AM »
This video shows how to do it: https://youtu.be/lPpcwZ32xpQ

This is the best way to level up.  Holy Crap that was fun.  I am always in to kill some clap traps.  I must have killed thousands of the little buggers.  So cathartic!  Highly recommended as a stress release.  Sadly you need the Moxxie DLC to do this, but that DLC is well worth it.

This allowed me to quickly get into the new DLC.  In the very early stages.  A bit odd to see Gaige as an NPC, but looking forward to getting into the new DLC.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 30, 2020, 10:43:20 AM »
Back pounding the pavement, playing lots of BL3.

Very fun.  The new levels are really nice to have.  It was a good improvement for Fl4k but a great improvement for Moze. She still trails the other VH but this has closed the gap some.  With the right equipment she might be able to keep pace.  I have a splash/unlimited ammo thing going on and it is really nice not having to reload.  I need a better grenade for survivability.  Her best grenades are actually purple ones.  These are really tough to farm right now because they have a legendary items in the Vending Machine event going on.  I think it is to help people farm level 57 gear.  It has helped of course, but the side effect is a lot less shopping for purple grenades.

I completed the new DLC and it was good.  Not great.  Not as good as the Moxxie DLC.  The pacing was slower, and things were more spread out.  That said it was a very good.  There a couple of really good new items in the game.  At least one that is must have (a new relic).  The style of the new DLC is really good.  The voice acting is great.  Overall a solid thumbs up.

The Best BL DLC Best to Worse (free seasonal content not included)
  • Tiny Tina Assault on Dragon Keep -2
  • Moxxi's Heist of the Handsome Jackpot -3
  • Guns, Love, and Tentacles -3
  • How Marcus Saved Mercenary Day -2
  • Commander Lilith and the Fight for Sanctuary -2
  • Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty -2
  • Claptastic Voyage - TPS
  • Claptrap's New Robot Revolution -1
  • Sir Hammerlock vs. the Son of Crawmerax -2
  • Mr. Torgues's Campaign of Carnage -2
  • Mad Moxxi and the Wedding Day Massacre -2
  • Sir Hammerlocks's Big Game Hunt -2
  • The Secret Armory of General Knoxx -1
  • Holodome - TPS
  • The Horrible Hunger of the Ravenous Wattle Gobbler  -2
  • T.K. Baha's Bloody Harvest -2
  • The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned -1
  • Moxxi's Underdome Riot -1
  • Shock Drop Slaughter Pit - TPS <- I never played this one but I've heard it is poor.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
  • THAC0: 16
  • Cookies: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 30, 2020, 12:38:55 PM »
I would have put general knoxx top3 to top5. Great story. An epic ending which you can loot 3 times.
Tiny Tina definitely best I’ve played.

Many just forgettable with time .

Moxxi underdome I completely skipped when I did bl1 remastered

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 30, 2020, 01:49:43 PM »
I personally found Knoxx to be tedious with the driving back and forth.  Athena was cool and the General's ambivalence was amusing but the whole thing was brought down by the area layout.

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 30, 2020, 02:48:38 PM »
Many things in Borderlands are tedious.  They gave 2 new types of vehicles though, the fast racer with the powerful turbo and the tanky monstertruck thing.    If you compare the time taken to get from A to B not just the distance, I'm sure its similar to other campaigns.  Also that DLC had the only raid boss in BL1 who was killable unlike the others

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 30, 2020, 08:25:59 PM »
I just finished the Tiny Tina BL2 DLC the other day and it was pretty good.  One of the best parts was the quest where you get armor for Ellie.  Of course, I had to be that guy and I picked the skimpy armor.   :o  ;D

Timinator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 30, 2020, 09:19:26 PM »
I just finished the Tiny Tina BL2 DLC the other day and it was pretty good.  One of the best parts was the quest where you get armor for Ellie.  Of course, I had to be that guy and I picked the skimpy armor.   :o  ;D

great job, there is also a few other non grindy, non raid boss achievements you could look up.  You can't tell me after spending 1000 hours in this game that you dont have time for a bit of content ;)

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 31, 2020, 09:52:44 AM »
I got the skimpy outfit the first time.  Since then I have stuck with the bruising armor.  That DLC had many moments of win.

Ray Patean

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 01, 2020, 08:58:13 AM »
I got my Zane to 57 and beat the main story of DLC2 - I enjoyed it, and there are some crazy powerful items in this new DLC. I heard the side quests are excellent, so I'm probably going to start a new Moze and do all the side quests. They added an option to start with a pre-leveled character like the Lilith DLC added). My current Moze was only in the teens, so that'll help some of the early grinding, hopefully.

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 12, 2020, 04:36:13 PM »
So they finally improved Moze and Iron Bear.  I say improved as she still has some serious design flaws that they should try to address.  That said, I was able to farm a Raging Bear COM (for those of you not in the know that is an M4 only drop (M4 is currently the hardest setting) and I am absolutely rolling with Iron Bear now.  It is a pretty fun set up and I am been having fun stopping areas on the hardest setting, which is nice. 

That said I still suck at the Malliwan Takedown.

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 25
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 27, 2020, 02:11:03 PM »
I have a question on difficulty modes for BL3.  After you complete the game on Normal Mode, is it recommended to play through on TVHM or go straight into Mayhem Mode?

Sssith

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 27, 2020, 02:52:25 PM »
Sadly, that is not an easy question to answer.  There is some anecdotal evidence that being in TVHM helps get better anoints in the drops.  There are many people who just stay on Normal mode.  As Normal mode with MM turned on is not that different TVHM with MM.  You should be able to finish Normal mode around level 40.  There are certain rewards that you are only able to get once per character.  So what I would recommend is to get through Normal mode, without doing all the Zero sides or Hammerlock sides.  Then in TVHM complete those things only when you are on Max level.  Ideally complete them when on Mayhem Mode 10 I guess.  I assume that would carry over but I am not sure.  Mayhem Mode 2, which now goes up to 10, is new.  Not sure if it will give you the weapons on MM 10 if you finish the quests at that level.

If you bought the game know this:
  • Amara -- most versital -- boring personality
  • Zane -- powerful (almost OP from what I have read) -- fun personality
  • Fl4k -- good personality with good builds.  Not as strong as the above two
  • Moze -- tends to be the most broken character.  Fun personality.  The recently fixed a lot of her issues, only to break stuff again with MM 2.0