Author Topic: Season 22: Clone Wars!  (Read 1592 times)

syn

• THAC0: 18
  • Cookies: 13
  • aka Salem
    • View Profile
Re: Season 22: Clone Wars!
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2020, 09:02:50 AM »
I had a Leoric's Signet with +30% XP and figured that that plus a nice weapon with a Gem of Ease

don't forget about the hellfire ring that always has a fixed +45% XP and no level requirement. it's a nice little bump.

Orbert

• Cookies: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2020, 03:54:20 PM »
I didn't know about the +45% XP, but I did remember that Hellfire Amulets have no level requirement, so I gave one of my DH Hellfire Amulets to my new Monk.  Nice boosts to Dex and Vit, plus a socket.  She made level 70 in a few hours, which is plenty fast for Hardcore for me.

I started a Monk because my Hardcore Wizard bit the big one.  I'm not even sure what happened.  She was supposedly killed by one of those swinging blades in the Ruins of Sescheron, but my death cheater (Unstable Anomaly) never kicked in.  She was running around and then BOOM! dead.  It was most heinous.  :(

Sssith

• THAC0: 15
  • Cookies: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2020, 06:38:54 PM »
Bummer.  I have vague memories of insta-deaths despite having the skill that is supposed to help.

mn4nu

• THACO: 17
  • Cookies: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2020, 08:09:11 PM »
RIP Orbert Wizard.

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2021, 12:34:59 PM »
Thanks for the condolences.

My Monk (Kira) ended up doing Tempest Rush, which I know is silly and insanely simple, but I've kinda gotten addicted to the "run around really fast and destroy everything" type of build.  Very exciting.  After I got her up to running T16 Rifts and level 75 Greater Rifts, a Primal Bul-Kathos' Solemn Vow dropped!

So I started a Barbarian (Den).  Used the Hellfire Ring trick (thanks, syn!).  Early levelling this way is so hilarious.  Crank it up to T6, start a Rift, kill one thing, then run back to town.  Go grab a cup of coffee or something while the banners take you through the 20 or 30 levels and all the skills you just made.  Go back in, kill another thing, run back to town.  Play on the phone for a while or something while another 20 levels go by.  Eventually you get to where you can actually play interactively and level, and before you know it you're into the 60's slog, but 70 comes soon enough.

Den ended up doing Savages/Frenzy, since he finished that set first, and got to T16/GR75 last night.  This morning, he found the last few pieces of a WhirlyWastes build.  After at least another half dozen BK's Solemn Vows, I finally got the other sword (whose name I forget).  So I'll be Whirling later tonight.

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2021, 02:18:38 PM »
I decided to go for Guardian and was able to finish it today.  Started a Witch Doctor a couple of weeks ago and was able to get the final 2 conquests using him.  Not sure how much more I will play this season.  I enjoyed the Typhon set for the Wizard.

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2021, 02:10:50 PM »
Congratulations, Hero!

Melchior

• THAC0: 19
  • Cookies: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2021, 04:45:36 PM »
Hey guys!

I decided to join in on the season for fun. Playing softcore for a change, I was hoping to have more people to play with, but so far it has been scarce, might be better when I get higher than T13.

Playing Wizard this season (my least played class) and I really like the Hydra build with Typhon's set :) Currently just trying to farm gear and get stronger.

Hope to see you in game :D

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2021, 10:05:48 AM »
Oh crap, Melchior.  I saw you on the other day and you invited me to party, but I was in a greater rift at the time, so I didn't answer right away.  Then I forgot and logged out. :(  Next time.

Melchior

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2021, 08:37:53 PM »
Oh crap, Melchior.  I saw you on the other day and you invited me to party, but I was in a greater rift at the time, so I didn't answer right away.  Then I forgot and logged out. :(  Next time.

You have scorned me, good sir!

I challenge you to a duel.

Melchior

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2021, 04:32:04 PM »
Hello all!

I have finished the season journey and had fun doing so :) I really enjoyed playing Hydra Wizard, found 4 trash Primals and even got in a few MP games.

I played softcore for a change of pace, thinking I would get more MP games, but it wasn't much more really, usually the games I joined were paragon 2500+. Which raises the question, why so high? I finished the season journey with about 800, are they aiming to top the season leaderboards?

Anyway, the hardest part for me was the 3rd conquest, but as I had leveled a Witch Doctor for Years of War (2nd conquest), I was able to use Manajuma's set and use chicken speed to run the Boss Mode conquest, quite easily in fact, which was nice.

Now I am playing my softcore characters again, and found I had no Wizard and no Necro, so I am playing a soft necro atm.

What y'all doin?

Orbert

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 01, 2021, 01:49:14 PM »
Congrats!

I was pushing my characters on Americas and got bored with watching numbers get bigger, so I started a DH on Europe over the weekend.  She's already running GR 80+, so now I'm thinking of rebirthing my Barb, or maybe my WD.

Melchior

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2021, 11:24:31 PM »
PTR started 25th Feb for next patch, I think the season usually ends not long after...?

I am keen to play a new season, anyone else on board?
Probably playing hardcore next time around, as I hardly got any MP games in softcore anyway

dave in the basement

• Cookies: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2021, 02:53:29 PM »
Still no announcement on when the season will end.

I planned on setting my sword down for good, but with the new follower changes, I'll give it one more season.

Maybe.  :P

mn4nu

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2021, 04:39:43 PM »
I think I'm done with D3.  This season was fun, but it's the same thing over and over.